perfect loader.

L

Loufan

One of my friends on my belt at work made it to the front page of upsers with his missort frequency of 0/300,000+
I don't know if this is thread worthy, but I just thought I'd share this. I think it's pretty cool to load with probably the best loader at UPS on a daily basis.

whiskey

One of my friends on my belt at work made it to the front page of upsers with his missort frequency of 0/300,000+
I don't know if this is thread worthy, but I just thought I'd share this. I think it's pretty cool to load with probably the best loader at UPS on a daily basis.
I think he deserves a little more recognition than front page. Maybe a visit from a couple of the owners down in Atlanta would be in order. We need any good PR we can get.

L

Loufan

CFO (I think that's what they said) is coming down to visit our sort next week. So I hope they congratulate him in person. It'll probably be a crazy day for our sort so they might be too busy, but I'm hoping.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
CFO (I think that's what they said) is coming down to visit our sort next week. So I hope they congratulate him in person. It'll probably be a crazy day for our sort so they might be too busy, but I'm hoping.

That dude needs to be giving classes. Across the board there are more crap loads than not. My loader sometimes misloads the same stops the same week.

P

pickup

But most importantly, does he load with integrity?

Integrity

Binge Poster

Dear JDavis,

Wow! That is so great! Not so much his accomplishment, which seems great in itself, but your praise of his work. That is so awesome that you speak so highly of your co-worker. To think that you view one of your co-workers as perhaps the greatest loader in all of UPS says a lot about you.

Sincerely,

I

rod

Retired 22 years
In the "old days" this would have made front page on The Big Idea and all of United Parcel Service would know about it. Now days if you don't log on to BC you would never hear about it. :sad-little: They should give him a weeks all expenses paid vaca to some tropical island

UPSF Peeon

yes but does he follow all 4,537 safe work methods? and most importantly.......DOES HE MEET HIS PRODUCTION NUMBERS? WHY ISNT HE HURRYING? WHAT EXACTLY IS TAKING HIM SO LONG?

L

Loufan

He's fast, hasn't missed a day all year besides his vacations, and has never been injured on the job as far as I know.

Integrity

Binge Poster
yes but does he follow all 4,537 safe work methods? and most importantly.......DOES HE MEET HIS PRODUCTION NUMBERS? WHY ISNT HE HURRYING? WHAT EXACTLY IS TAKING HIM SO LONG?

Dear UPSF Peeon,

There are approximately 88 elements that is required of a loader to be considered by UPS to be loading safely. The UPS management team in all facilities is always to be operating from the perspective of "Safety First" and not "Production First".

Technically, it is the Division Manager's responsiblity to see that this is the case.

Sincerely,

I

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
So many factors go into how good a loader is.

His load area - Is he at the front of the belt having to sort and load three cars or in the middle with zero responsibility other than his area?

The amount of time he's given - Does the unload supe push everything out as fast as possible to get good time/numbers or does he keep the flow at an even pace?

His bulk - Does he have to abide with heavy bulk for the trucks he loads everyday, on an occasional basis, or very rarely?

His center - Does he work in a large center with heavy volume or in a small center with minimal volume?

Loading does rely on the integrity and drive of the loader themselves, but a majority of factors are more often than not beyond a loader's control.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So many factors go into how good a loader is.

His load area - Is he at the front of the belt having to sort and load three cars or in the middle with zero responsibility other than his area?

The amount of time he's given - Does the unload supe push everything out as fast as possible to get good time/numbers or does he keep the flow at an even pace?

His bulk - Does he have to abide with heavy bulk for the trucks he loads everyday, on an occasional basis, or very rarely?

His center - Does he work in a large center with heavy volume or in a small center with minimal volume?

Loading does rely on the integrity and drive of the loader themselves, but a majority of factors are more often than not beyond a loader's control.

Dear Kraetos,

It is the responsibility of the management team, starting with his or her part-time supervisor, to see to it that the loader is put in the position to always follow the UPS Safe Work Methods specified by UPS for his or her job. It is the UPS position on safety that no job is so important that you have to risk injury to get it done.

If you are a loader and are not following all UPS prescribed Safe Work Methods for your job then you are risking injury to yourself and possibly others.

Work with Integrity not against him!

It's "Safety First" not "Production First"

Sincerely,

I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Not with the UPS I work for. Its production numbers first, then Safety, about 15th on the list of priorities.

Dear iowa boy,

This is the responsilty of management at UPS everywhere.
If you have any specific incidents of supervisors placing production numbers first that you think should be corrected maybe I can help.

Let me know,

Sincerely,

I

Dear iowa boy,

This is the responsilty of management at UPS everywhere.
If you have any specific incidents of supervisors placing production numbers first that you think should be corrected maybe I can help.

Let me know,

Sincerely,

I
You still haven't answered my question of you. Isn't that a lack of integrity?

Integrity

Binge Poster
You still haven't answered my question of you. Isn't that a lack of integrity?

Dear trplnkl,

I am very sorry. I must have missed your question. I searched your posts and I am unsure of the question I failed to answer. Please ask the question that you want answered again and I will answer it.

Yes. Not answering a direct question honestly or answering a question with a question is not the right thing to do?

Sincerely,

I

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
Dear Kraetos,

It is the responsibility of the management team, starting with his or her part-time supervisor, to see to it that the loader is put in the position to always follow the UPS Safe Work Methods specified by UPS for his or her job. It is the UPS position on safety that no job is so important that you have to risk injury to get it done.

If you are a loader and are not following all UPS prescribed Safe Work Methods for your job then you are risking injury to yourself and possibly others.

Work with Integrity not against him!

It's "Safety First" not "Production First"

Sincerely,

I

Not once did I mention safety. Not once did I mention risk of injury. A major issue is time, it affects drivers just as much as it does preloaders.

If your management team is driven by production numbers then they will push you to finish quickly. To abide by safety rules - all a preloader can do is either one stack out, or let the boxes go by. Either way your management won't like it.