Perfect scenario

Scuderia1

Solid ideas wow. .any tips on numbers sometimes I fly right past the place and have to walk back when I could have just parked in front. Sounds retarded but hey if I'm getting hardcore help might as well ask.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Solid ideas wow. .any tips on numbers sometimes I fly right past the place and have to walk back when I could have just parked in front. Sounds retarded but hey if I'm getting hardcore help might as well ask.

We have all driven by stops---it happens. I usually do it when I am daydreaming or thinking about something else. Walking back to the stop is one thing but walking back while the customer is standing there is embarrassing. You will grow tired of walking off "drive-bys" and will learn to slow down a bit and pay closer attention.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I asked the Asian Pharmacist at Walgreens while doing a P/U there if he had anything for 'parcelitis" he smiled and looked at me strange ,then just handed me an outbound package !! lol

Scuderia1

I went to the area today with my own car it's about 45 min from my house. Went through all the streets, still feel overwhelmed. It's not sinking in lol. Hopefully tomorrow it will all sink in when I go.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Rainman

Its all good.
I went to the area today with my own car it's about 45 min from my house. Went through all the streets, still feel overwhelmed. It's not sinking in lol. Hopefully tomorrow it will all sink in when I go.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Don't get discouraged. If you can't get it all down, do at least part of it. Get a copy of the delivery records from when your sup was with you and retrace the path you took then. It might help things click better.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

PT Car Washer

Sent using BrownCafe App
Sounds like you are trying too hard. Take a break.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
The most important thing I learned in PC was to slow down and be smooth. You'll make up time by not clipping curbs and dumping shelves, grabbing the right package the first time,etc.
Spoken like a true veteran. In a way, driving & delivering is like endurance racing.

Smooth is fast.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I won't know jack **** and I will look real stupid on Monday.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Calm down. Part of being a successful driver is being able to step back, take a deep breath, and try again. Very soon the coin will drop and it will all make sense. Until then, don't give up!

Z

ZQXC

Sent using BrownCafe App

Get a map (a real one), not something on a 2 inch screen.
Open the map and start to get a broad overview of the area. Think in terms of sections, not individual streets. One section could be strictly businesses (perhaps industrial), another might be retail stores, maybe all residential, or a mix. Where are the schools? ( work them between 10 and 2). How do the sections tie in with each other? What is the best flow or trace? Is there a residential section that I can kill between 12 and 1 and avoid the lunch hour pitfall altogether? Where do I need to be when my pickups start?

Others have said it, and it can't be over emphasized, be smooth. Do it once; do it right. When you grab a pkg. for a resi. don't assume it's just a single. Before you step out of the back of the truck look for that zero on your diad.

Whenever you stop complete, check the diad and see: what is the next stop, where is it loaded, how many? Be smooth.

oldngray

nowhere special
Smooth is fast. You can work your butt off but if you don't plan ahead and stay on top of things you are just spinning your wheels and losing time by having to repeat. If you fall behind you need to husle all day trying to catch up. Its a lot easier to fall behind than catch up. At first try to do one thing at a time and do it well, when you get more experience you can try to multitask but it takes time to get to that point. Main thing is be safe out there and don't have an accident from trying to rush too much. You need to work hard but far more important is to work smart.