Perhaps it's time for David Abney to...

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I don't doubt this, but if he worked the sorts & was a driver back in the day, why is a company this popular & well known so bucked up & negative these days & not striving to be a better more positive work environment for its employees, both management & hourlies?
I've never met someone who says negative things about UPS. I just always get "Wow what a great place to work!" Most people have no idea what the inside culture is like.

To Abney's defense, it is very difficult to change the culture of a company. It takes a long long time. We have what? 150,000 employees. Takes years to change things.

S

selfcancelsignal

I've never met someone who says negative things about UPS. I just always get "Wow what a great place to work!" Most people have no idea what the inside culture is like.

To Abney's defense, it is very difficult to change the culture of a company. It takes a long long time. We have what? 150,000 employees. Takes years to change things.
Needs to start yesterday!

upsgrunt

Isn't it closer to 400,000?

upschuck

He thinks numbers make profits, which seems logical, but numbers can be manipulated to say whatever we want them to say.

iowa boy

Remember your first day on the job, we all looked like doofuses.

I've got enough years on this job to know I still look like a doofus and still look like crap on paper, but my wife gets paid really well for me be that doofus and look like crap on paper.

DOK

I'd love for Abney to sit in on some of our calls.

And to be able to hear the division manager degrade, condescend and yell at his sups and center manager? That has always amazed me that this practice is accepted at ups, I couldn't sit there and take that on the daily, nfw.

clean hairy

I could see it turning into a commercial for UPS.
A "Journalist" riding with an Air Driver, an Extended Route driver, another Driver doing Access Point drop-offs, and maybe a loader, unloader, irreg, small sort, and Customer Counter. Done the same day at different locations around the country, done under the guise of a "Documentary" about UPS.
Of course, UPS would demand final approval of all footage used, and have very strict rules when and were the cameras could be turned on, as well as be involved the final editing process as well.

oldngray

nowhere special
Never gonna happen. What would the public think when they see a driver dive into a bricked out load like a gopher just to find his first stop in Orion?

If they ever got pictures they would look like UPS training videos with perfect loads and a half empty spotlessly clean truck.