Perm disability

Indecisi0n

It's sad but more and more guys are being permanently disable from this :censored2: hole. My question is when you can no longer do the job and get kicked to the curb what kind of settlements do these guys get? I mean enough to live how long? Most guys wants careers not just :censored2: money.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Everybody I knew that got a settlement had to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

I do know of one driver, on comp for the last 8-10 years that refuses to accept the settlement. A case where the company doctor royally friend'ed up.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I think the percentage of people on permanent comp is pretty small. There have been a few in my area and some are questionable.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

I do know of one driver, on comp for the last 8-10 years that refuses to accept the settlement. A case where the company doctor royally friend'ed up.
UPS doctor messed up?? No....not with all their training of here's 2 band aids and a note to return to work. Oh, it still hurts? Well...work faster and you won't have time to feel it.

Indecisi0n

I though that people can max out of comp/disability?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Perm Disability.

screen-shot-2013-01-31-at-2-08-21-pm.png

turdbrown

I think 3 years is max for long term disability.
I am out on work comp now and I had to file a 3mo extension with the union to keep my benefits. I was told that You could be on comp for up to 2yrs, then ups wants to start the process to get rid of you or pressures you to get back to work.