Perm disability

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Indecisi0n, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

It's sad but more and more guys are being permanently disable from this $hit hole. My question is when you can no longer do the job and get kicked to the curb what kind of settlements do these guys get? I mean enough to live how long? Most guys wants careers not just F U money.
  2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Everybody I knew that got a settlement had to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

I do know of one driver, on comp for the last 8-10 years that refuses to accept the settlement. A case where the company doctor royally f'ed up.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I think the percentage of people on permanent comp is pretty small. There have been a few in my area and some are questionable.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  4. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Its a scary thought and the way it is nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing a lot more of them.
  5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

For what this job pays any perm disability payout should be in the millions. With an s on the end.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. BrownChoice

BrownChoice Active Member

Something like 3,000,000'"s"? Or Three million"s"?

7. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

UPS doctor messed up?? No....not with all their training of here's 2 band aids and a note to return to work. Oh, it still hurts? faster and you won't have time to feel it.
  8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I though that people can max out of comp/disability?
  9. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Perm Disability.

10. Nostromo

Nostromo Member

Sent using BrownCafe App
  11. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

That's a good question...I thought the same thing. Does anyone know?
  12. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Apparently, he hasn't. His doctor says he can go back to work, but the company doc that screwed up won't sign off. Probably afraid of a lawsuit.
  13. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I think 3 years is max for long term disability.
  14. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

"I got better."
  15. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

But just remember if your going to get a lawyer a good suggestion would be to get a lawyer who has beaten their :censored2: in court before.
  16. turdbrown

turdbrown Member

I am out on work comp now and I had to file a 3mo extension with the union to keep my benefits. I was told that You could be on comp for up to 2yrs, then ups wants to start the process to get rid of you or pressures you to get back to work.