Permanent TCD

I was hired as a perm tcd. Went thru training have paid union dues and have had no work in 3 weeks. Read contract and went over part time work
Part tw is supposed have 3.5 hrs a day. Help???

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What Supplement are you under? If you've past probation you should be working before any seasonal drivers under the Southern Supplement. If you're not working as a TCD, you should be offered work inside if you have the seniority for such.

Box Ox

Seasonal drivers are T-R-A-I-N-I-N-G right now. Everyone is being shuffled. Normal to be off road and in your inside sort until everybody is trained and volume picks up. You're entitled to your inside 3.5.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
upload_2016-10-27_18-38-27.png

Box Ox

There are buildings across the US that don't use tcd's and do just fine with unexpected volume surges...they are only vital to ups for not creating new ft driver positions .....period end of story

Those places are either not seeing the kind of holiday volume surge experienced in most places or they're laying off a ton of permanent FT drivers for most of the year.

Where I am we just don't need 45% more drivers outside of the holiday season. But there's no way we could get through the holiday season without them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Those places are either not seeing the kind of holiday volume surge experienced in most places or they're laying off a ton of permanent FT drivers for most of the year.

Where I am we just don't need 45% more drivers outside of the holiday season. But there's no way we could get through the holiday season without them.
Now you're talking about seasonals. Not TCD

PT Car Washer

My building does not use TCD's and never have. Sure drivers are laid off after Peak but when vacations kick in come Spring everyone works.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
There are buildings across the US that don't use tcd's and do just fine with unexpected volume surges...they are only vital to ups for not creating new ft driver positions .....period end of story
Yeah, instead air drivers are used. Different wording, different classification, same thing