Personal attack versus Disagreeing with someone

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This post was written in response to me calling sexyupsman a pervert.
I meant it in jest.
Hoax called me out on it and edited it from of my post.
I accept and respect that.
My only point is that he (sexyupsman) puts himself out there sexually.
He openly refers to the male anatomy.
I wonder if I would be afforded the same latitude in reference to the fairer sex.
I doubt it.
Sometimes the majority is discriminated against in the interest of political correctness.
I prefer not to "walk on egg shells".
It is what it is.

sexyupsman

This post was written in response to me calling sexyupsman a pervert.
I meant it in jest.
Hoax called me out on it and edited it from of my post.
I accept and respect that.
My only point is that he (sexyupsman) puts himself out there sexually.
He openly refers to the male anatomy.
I wonder if I would be afforded the same latitude in reference to the fairer sex.
I doubt it.
Sometimes the majority is discriminated against in the interest of political correctness.
I prefer not to "walk on egg shells".
It is what it is.
I never once mentioned the male anatomy - Penis
And I dont recall you ever calling me a pervert.
But whatever, I took my chops and have now changed my attitude and respecfully got rid of my avatar. I love this website and I dont want or mean to piss anyone off.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I never once mentioned the male anatomy - Penis
And I dont recall you ever calling me a pervert.
But whatever, I took my chops and have now changed my attitude and respecfully got rid of my avatar. I love this website and I dont want or mean to piss anyone off.

Let me clarify,
You, in the past, have made numerous references to the hind end not the front.
While your orientation is an attention getter, it wasn't a motivating factor for my comments.
Much of your post content has been riddled with sexual innuendo to and including spankings and such.
I was not offended nor was I trying to offend you.
A mediator saw it almost immediately when I, in jest, called you a pervert.
He promptly removed it.
I respect his decision and actions.
In the context of this particular post it was my hope it would be taken in a joking manner.
It will be my goal in the future to toe the line and keep my comments within the guidelines expected by the creator and mediators of this site.
This will require a great deal of rereading and editing.

The only problem with this slant to your postings to/about Sexy is that there have been many other posters on here make innuendos about women and their bodies, yet I haven't seen the outcry from you or any one else. You may be just as put off about them as you are Sexy, but you haven't replied to them in the same manner. So, what's the difference?

sexyupsman

Let me clarify,
You, in the past, have made numerous references to the hind end not the front.
While your orientation is an attention getter, it wasn't a motivating factor for my comments.
Much of your post content has been riddled with sexual innuendo to and including spankings and such.
I was not offended nor was I trying to offend you.
A mediator saw it almost immediately when I, in jest, called you a pervert.
He promptly removed it.
I respect his decision and actions.
In the context of this particular post it was my hope it would be taken in a joking manner.
It will be my goal in the future to toe the line and keep my comments within the guidelines expected by the creator and mediators of this site.
This will require a great deal of rereading and editing.
But all of my replied post were in reference to others comments about sex and sexuality. Other than my post about David Ragen being a cutie I did not start my postings with "Hey look at me I'm Gay! You all have to bow to my sexual perverse posts" It was not like that. Like I said I had my avatar, it was offensive to some not all so out of respect for Cheryl it is gone. Im not the freaking poster child for all the homosexuals out there. I am me and thats all I can be. If I offend or make you sick that not my problem but I do apologize.

P

pickup

But all of my replied post were in reference to others comments about sex and sexuality. Other than my post about David Ragen being a cutie I did not start my postings with "Hey look at me I'm Gay! You all have to bow to my sexual perverse posts" It was not like that. Like I said I had my avatar, it was offensive to some not all so out of respect for Cheryl it is gone. Im not the freaking poster child for all the homosexuals out there. I am me and thats all I can be. If I offend or make you sick that not my problem but I do apologize.

Let's just add for the record and please correct me if I am wrong . At some point , your avatar was a guy lying on a bed. When a few people commented(complained) on it, you changed it to a metallica or megadeth avatar. The change remained for maybe a week before you went to the one with the guy staring into the camera in his underwear. This in conjunction with your posts finally caused the moderators to come down on you and then you "willingly" changed your avatar to its current incarnation.

sexyupsman

Let's just add for the record and please correct me if I am wrong . At some point , your avatar was a guy lying on a bed. When a few people commented(complained) on it, you changed it to a metallica or megadeth avatar. The change remained for maybe a week before you went to the one with the guy staring into the camera in his underwear. This in conjunction with your posts finally caused the moderators to come down on you and then you "willingly" changed your avatar to its current incarnation.
I guess no matter what I say I will always be wrong in some of your eyes. I have apologized, I changed my avatar, I post responsibly and do my best to follow the rules. But I am finished saying sorry. If I am not liked by anyone here I can only try to be respectful and not get carried away when others make sexual comments. I guess those types of comments are for the big strong boys.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
The only problem with this slant to your postings to/about Sexy is that there have been many other posters on here make innuendos about women and their bodies, yet I haven't seen the outcry from you or any one else. You may be just as put off about them as you are Sexy, but you haven't replied to them in the same manner. So, what's the difference?

exactly!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Were am I loosing you guys?
I don't care if he is gay.
I don't care who playfully slings sexual inuendo.
I was only responding in kind, or so I thought.
I was censored for going over the line.
It is done.
I had before this issue never responded to sexyupsguy.
I have no beef with him.
Some pun intended.
Let's all lighten up and get back to bashing management:funny:.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As I've found out the hard way, the difference between a "personal attack" and "disagreeing with someone" is determined by the moderators. If you're on the "good" list, you can say almost anything, but if you're on the "watch" list, it's a personal attack.

While I agree that there have been a fair degree of the former, the moderators should try a bit harder to be impartial. Having said this, I will probably get written-up again for an "attack", or this post will never be published.

As I've found out the hard way, the difference between a "personal attack" and "disagreeing with someone" is determined by the moderators. If you're on the "good" list, you can say almost anything, but if you're on the "watch" list, it's a personal attack.

While I agree that there have been a fair degree of the former, the moderators should try a bit harder to be impartial. Having said this, I will probably get written-up again for an "attack", or this post will never be published.
The difference is how it's worded. If one says (in reference to a post) "that is the dumbest thing I have ever read" it's disagreeing with someone's post. On the other hand if one say's. " you are the dumbest person I know", it's a personal attack. I will give you that sometimes it is very thin line that separates the post and the poster. Although I am not always successful, I try not to make statements that are not personal, but even then some conversations are about personalities.
Just my three nickels worth.

Were am I loosing you guys?
I don't care if he is gay.
I don't care who playfully slings sexual inuendo.
I was only responding in kind, or so I thought.
I was censored for going over the line.
It is done.
I had before this issue never responded to sexyupsguy.
I have no beef with him.
Some pun intended.
Let's all lighten up and get back to bashing management:funny:.
The only thing I'm gonna say about this post is...
My manager really pisses me off because he lacks the intestinal fortitude to stand up for what he believes is right. He's so afraid of either losing his job or missing out on a promotion that he has become a company YES MAN. Pretty much ineffective.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My manager really pisses me off because he lacks the intestinal fortitude to stand up for what he believes is right. He's so afraid of either losing his job or missing out on a promotion that he has become a company YES MAN. Pretty much ineffective.

ataboy!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
YOU GUYS ARE ALL A BUNCH OF JERKS! Just kidding. I realize (I assume) that I have caused some controversy over the past weeks. But we have all grown up since then and I appreciate alot of the comments and personal messages I have recieved. If I offended anyone I truly apologize to you. Even the ones that still ignore my posts I dont hold anything against you. We are all human beings and deserve respect from eachother. But I wish you would stop ignoring me thats not very nice.:peaceful:
I still like your posts, sexy.

You can all kiss my :censored2:!

Well said, Mr.!

It's hard to remain neutral when some of us know so much more than the rest:peaceful:

Ain't that the truth!???

But all of my replied post were in reference to others comments about sex and sexuality. Other than my post about David Ragen being a cutie I did not start my postings with "Hey look at me I'm Gay! You all have to bow to my sexual perverse posts" It was not like that. Like I said I had my avatar, it was offensive to some not all so out of respect for Cheryl it is gone. Im not the freaking poster child for all the homosexuals out there. I am me and thats all I can be. If I offend or that not my problem but I do apologize.

You're gonna make me barf.:wink2:

I don't think his avatart was anything but sexy, being sexy.

That's it, you're banned, turn in your avatar!:wink2:

Your manager sounds like a dream. My manager was broken from the word go. I would absolutely say that to his face, and the faces of all of his staff and bosses.:surprised:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The difference is how it's worded. If one says (in reference to a post) "that is the dumbest thing I have ever read" it's disagreeing with someone's post. On the other hand if one say's. " you are the dumbest person I know", it's a personal attack. I will give you that sometimes it is very thin line that separates the post and the poster. Although I am not always successful, I try not to make statements that are not personal, but even then some conversations are about personalities.
Just my three nickels worth.
This is the whole point of keeping responses in the first person (or I). When I say "I" it is my opinion.