Personal/Business Website

fethrs

Hi folks, was wondering if anyone has their own website, or if anyone can direct me to one that I can use to help me start one of my own.
I tried it on Yahoo! and it was cheap, but I needed help with the design and graphics. Suggestions and comments are welcome, have at it!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

May I suggest that this be on the home page?

Untitled-224..jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Babooba

Hi folks, was wondering if anyone has their own website, or if anyone can direct me to one that I can use to help me start one of my own.
I tried it on Yahoo! and it was cheap, but I needed help with the design and graphics. Suggestions and comments are welcome, have at it!
If you link it to this site, I'll pay you a nickel per hit:
BigBaboobasCottageCheese.com

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is your decision, of course, but if you would like some help from us perhaps you would like to start a poll. List the names that you have been thinking of using and leave the last option open to where we can suggest possible names. You may want to give us a brief description of what kind of business it is that you are hoping to start.

Designing and getting your website online is only the beginning. You will need to gain exposure for your site through search engines. You will need to decide what form(s) of payment you want to accept--I suggest using PayPal exclusively. You will need to decide if you are going to ship exclusively through UPS or if you will offer other carriers. If you do choose UPS setting up an online account is easy--just be sure to put in the sales lead at the same time. I know I will catch heck for saying this but I think that the nature of what you are selling lends itself to using the PO as most of your pkgs will weigh less than 2 lbs. You can also do all of that online (but there will be no sales lead, of course).

Good luck and let us know how things work out. Dave.

fethrs

It is your decision, of course, but if you would like some help from us perhaps you would like to start a poll. List the names that you have been thinking of using and leave the last option open to where we can suggest possible names. You may want to give us a brief description of what kind of business it is that you are hoping to start.

Designing and getting your website online is only the beginning. You will need to gain exposure for your site through search engines. You will need to decide what form(s) of payment you want to accept--I suggest using PayPal exclusively. You will need to decide if you are going to ship exclusively through UPS or if you will offer other carriers. If you do choose UPS setting up an online account is easy--just be sure to put in the sales lead at the same time. I know I will catch heck for saying this but I think that the nature of what you are selling lends itself to using the PO as most of your pkgs will weigh less than 2 lbs. You can also do all of that online (but there will be no sales lead, of course).

Good luck and let us know how things work out. Dave.
Upstate, you make very good points and I will try to reply to them with out missing any, bear with me. I would LOVE to start a poll but to be honest I only have the Silver Sun name so far. The business would be jewelry, mainly bracelets. I am willing to hear any other names. If I get any suggestions for names I would do the poll.

I need the name first then on to the site and the design, paypal, shipping and everything else. You have good, sound, advice upstate and I appreciate it. Thank you.
PS I would love some help from other bcers if they are willing:peaceful:

UPSNewbie

Long time ago, I did PHP websites by hand. (All in notepad). I have since lost that skill. I'd have to relearn everything.