Personal Cell Phone Used For FedEx Business

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can't care by finding a way to get a good addy and not using your personal phone?

I could send an ODS, wait for a reply and then go back to that area to reattempt.

I could Google the name.

I could call the number on the package while at or near the address.

I could just not worry about it and let our PM clerk do her job.

dezguy

I could send an ODS, wait for a reply and then go back to that area to reattempt.

I could Google the name.

I could call the number on the package while at or near the address.

I could just not worry about it and let our PM clerk do her job.
All of those options are perfectly fine so long as it isn't being done on equipment not provided by the company.

You get paid by the hour just like us.

whenIgetthere

FedEx rather get the revenue for having a package rex'd because of a bad address than pay people to do it ahead of time. Put it on the dispatchers and couriers to fix the problem rather than before the package leaves the building.

I don't even REX the correct address anymore. I just deliver to the correct address. Just helps drive up your SPH by doing so.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Yep, I haven't REX'd anything while on road in a long time. Just don't care and it takes too long to do.

Speaking of addresses, now that Amazon no longer gives us address bar codes or 2d things to scan, I'm getting real lazy about having to manually type in an exact address. Now, I'll just type in st. number and name no other info., no apt., etc.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Hate to say it, but I care as much about FedEx customers these days as FedEx cares about its employees.

I used to feel badly when shipments were delayed, regardless of who was responsible. These days, I simply could not care less.

Crappy attitude?....darn right it is, and no one is sorrier than I that it has come to this, but Freddlewank and his minions need only seek out the closest mirror to see who's responsible for it. This is the New FedEx, which they hath so craftily wrought.

dezguy

Yep, I haven't REX'd anything while on road in a long time. Just don't care and it takes too long to do.

Speaking of addresses, now that Amazon no longer gives us address bar codes or 2d things to scan, I'm getting real lazy about having to manually type in an exact address. Now, I'll just type in st. number and name no other info., no apt., etc.
LOL half the time they get the street number and maybe the first four letters of the street if there is no address barcode, from me.

Z

ZQXC

And watch how quickly a driver would get a warning letter for driving while on their cell. According to my district safety guy, even if you are pulled over in a safe location with the keys in the ignition, he can still issue a warning letter.

I never see a FedEx driver that isn't talking on their cell. LOL

bbsam

Staff member
My drivers don't have to use their cell phones. I can get messages to them through CPC via the scanner but there is a time delay and it will probably cause them to have to backtrack.

MassWineGuy

If you choose to your personal cell phone to call a customer, be sure to use *67. This blocks caller ID from capturing your phone number and is a free service. I generally will not use my personal cell for company business unless it is an emergency.

Wow! Great point. Never thought of that.

I'd be glad to drive around for hours searching for an address. But I can't see FedEx ever officially handing out phones because, officially, cell phone use in vehicles (and often entire buildings) is against company policy.