Personal Integrity while working for UPS.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
HEFFERNAN and all to whom this applies,

Feel free to continue to mock me because I have views that may be different from yours.

This is intolerance at its best and worst.

The question posed for this discussion thread was: How do you maintain your personal Integrity while doing your job for UPS?

I would be most pleased if you actually joined the discussion.

Sincerely,
I

1) This is a country of free-speech, so your view is most welcome

2) This is a country of free-speech, so your view can be mocked

3) If you were my UPS driver and you delivered my package while preaching the word of God like you do here, you would not be employed very long.

4) As a driver at UPS, there is no personal integrity. You are told exactly how to do things pertaining to all situations. If you don't know what to do, you call your supervisor. All personal conduct is spelled out for every service provider. You are measured by numbers, sensors, and a time allowance system that the Good Lord would have to Immaculately Concept a scientific calculator to try and figure out.

5) To answer your vague question, You check your personal integrity at the security gate, you adhere to UPS integrity on the clock.

666)

attachment.php

Integrity

Binge Poster
In an earlier thread the above was used to define the word bigot. Are those who are intolerant of the views of I bigots?
UpstateNYUPSer,

This is a great question for a discussion thread.

I know you are only trying to be helpful but I don't think this is going to help keep this discussion on topic.

The question for this discussion thread is as follows:

How do you maintain your personal Integrity while doing your job for UPS?

I would love for you to participate in this discussion.

Sincerely,
I

Last edited by a moderator:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
What if the directive were illegal or unsafe?

How often does that happen. In 17 years, Ive never been told to do something illegal or unsafe.

As a part time sup, I was told to move packages or do union work. If I said no, that would be personal integrity !! I'd also be rewriting my resume !

Last edited by a moderator:

Integrity

Binge Poster
How is it not ? You do it the way they want you to, period. Work as directed is the #1 killer of personal integrity !!!!
HEFFERNAN,

Fear and failure to stand up against individuals who direct people to work contrary to what is right is probably the #1 killer of personal integrity.

From what I have seen at least.

"Work as directed" doesn't absolve us from right and wrong.

Sincerely,
I

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What is right and what is wrong is spelled out in the contract book and UPS policy. Those two things have a lot in common if you really get down to brass tacks. Both parties want what's best for the company and the employee, how much of each is where the debate comes in and selective reading takes place.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

OK, I'll give you one example of what I am talking about. Today I had a package for a company that had moved several years ago. The package was a 2DA and it was sent to their old address, which is on my area. Their new location is less than a mile from an add/cut I was given and is also on the way to my pickups. Now, if I followed the methods, I should have brought the package back for an address correction; but, because of my personal integrity, I ran the stop off, doing the ADC in the DIAD. Customer was taken care of and I felt good about my decision.

bigblu 2 you

OK, I'll give you one example of what I am talking about. Today I had a package for a company that had moved several years ago. The package was a 2DA and it was sent to their old address, which is on my area. Their new location is less than a mile from an add/cut I was given and is also on the way to my pickups. Now, if I followed the methods, I should have brought the package back for an address correction; but, because of my personal integrity, I ran the stop off, doing the ADC in the DIAD. Customer was taken care of and I felt good about my decision.
you need to be fired,its not about the customers,its about generating profits for ups and shareholders.if you will break one rule youll break them all.people like you scare me,doing what they feel is right and breaking the rules,not following methods.i bet you work off the clock and throw away union mailings without reading them too.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

I agree you have a great example if we are defining "personal integrity" as going the extra mile (lol literally)

The OP was more on defining "personal integrity" a different way. I may be wrong but good example nonetheless

over9five

Staff member
you need to be fired,its not about the customers,its about generating profits for ups and shareholders.if you will break one rule youll break them all.people like you scare me,doing what they feel is right and breaking the rules,not following methods.i bet you work off the clock and throw away union mailings without reading them too.
YEAH! And he's probably never worked inside either!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Actions that lead to self preservation are best for me and thus ensure my personal integrity.

Or one could say actions that lead to integrity result in self preservation. Which is the symptom of the action matters only to individual as the end result is the same.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Example 2: Had a delivery for a T-shirt shop. Two attempts--both times closed. Indirected package to owner's parents' house which I know the owner will appreciate.