Personal Integrity while working for UPS.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'll go one forward and ask the question, when is it OK to accept a signed delivery notice?

Ask 10 supes/managers and I guarantee no less than 7 different versions.

That's why unless the DIAD prompts me to, I never except a signed delivery notice.

P.S. BTW I challenged my management team numerous times to provide me a written guideline as to when, where and how, to no avail.
Where do these signed notices go? If its anything like my center they have a special place they supposedly keep them yet when asked, they don't say where. The shipper pays for a signature, not a piece of paper releasing UPS from liability.
As far as apple products are concerned, it explains in the DIAD that signed DR notices are accepted as valid forms to dr with. Just to make it clear I'm with you 100% on this issue.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Where do these signed notices go? If its anything like my center they have a special place they supposedly keep them yet when asked, they don't say where. The shipper pays for a signature, not a piece of paper releasing UPS from liability.
As far as apple products are concerned, it explains in the DIAD that signed DR notices are accepted as valid forms to dr with. Just to make it clear I'm with you 100% on this issue.

SDN's are NOT accepted as valid forms to DR with. EDN's are the only acceptable form that can be used when the customer is not available to sign for their iPad.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It has been a while since I have had an apple delivery but I am fairly certain it says EDN's, not SDN's. If SDN's are OK then why are we asked to compare the tracking number on the package to that on the EDN?

I have never had a consignee actually leave me an EDN. That would be way too convenient.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It has been a while since I have had an apple delivery but I am fairly certain it says EDN's, not SDN's. If SDN's are OK then why are we asked to compare the tracking number on the package to that on the EDN?
It say's SDN ok. Honestly though I've never had to use one because 90% of the time the apple fanatics come running out the front door as soon as I turn down their street, and if they're not there the first day they never miss the second day.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If someone has an apple delivery today could you please take pic and post it here? Thanks.

An Apple Big Mac

Apple Mac Attack.jpg
Apple Mac Attack.jpg