Personal Vehicle Theft Problems

wo88upsman

Any other center feeder drivers have problems with personal vehicle being broke into during the night while small center is unattended? Twice now in 3 months. Nothing of value left in truck.

BrownTexas

If nothing of value is in the truck... Why lock it. That's like having plastic Windows and locking you door. I rather them open the door then cut through the windows.

jaker

trolling
Thieves are not smart , they still might break the glass first

Best thing to do is leave the window down or a note saying door is unlock please use handle

upschuck

If I remember correctly, someone running for office had all 4 tires stolen off their truck, and truck put on blocks, during local election time. Kinda funny.

oldngray

nowhere special
My building had security cameras watching the employee parking lot but only so UPS could catch people trying to steal from UPS. If employee cars were broken into UPS would just point to the sign that said park at your own risk. Of course that was the only place employees could park so they had no choice.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Need one of these installed to deter crooks:

cars-explode-american-dad-gif-386408.gif

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Any other center feeder drivers have problems with personal vehicle being broke into during the night while small center is unattended? Twice now in 3 months. Nothing of value left in truck.
We actually had problems at our hub, and it's large. It was just lazy security, or employees sneaking people in to break in. We even had security guards letting family members in to break into cars. We actually had someone come onto the yard and steal a whole trailer. That is what happens when you hire ghetto ass security guards.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

That's how quick it can be done
Tacoma tailgates are very easy to detach and steal. There's a simple solution for it, a rubber pipe clamp. I installed one just to make sure mine doesn't go missing as you saw, it's a super quick detachment, the video even looks like a Tacoma tailgate.

image.jpeg

Took this off the Tacoma forums, it's a simple fix. There are keyed hose clamps that would make it more difficult vs the flat head version, but you get the idea. You can also position the head to poke out between the bed and the gate. Might just be enough to keep your tailgate safe and for them to move to easier targets.

rod

Retired 22 years
Tacoma tailgates are very easy to detach and steal. There's a simple solution for it, a rubber pipe clamp. I installed one just to make sure mine doesn't go missing as you saw, it's a super quick detachment, the video even looks like a Tacoma tailgate.

View attachment 75453

Took this off the Tacoma forums, it's a simple fix. There are keyed hose clamps that would make it more difficult vs the flat head version, but you get the idea. You can also position the head to poke out between the bed and the gate. Might just be enough to keep your tailgate safe and for them to move to easier targets.

In the video I posted I'm surprised the dirt-bag thief didn't try to steal that old pickups tailgate. Its probably worth more than that newer one. Then again you had to take off one or two bolts to get those old tail gates off.

rod

Retired 22 years

View attachment 75453

I've never though about tailgate theft but this solution is so easy I will put a hose clamp on mine tomorrow. I've got some weird ones that would require extra effort to get off.