Personal Vehicle Theft Problems

barnyard

KTM rider
One of our feeder guys had his car stolen out of the lot last summer. Feeder guys all park by the building, under the lights now.

El Correcto

god is dead
Happens frequently at my hub, specially during xmas time. We are located down the road from a jail. Lots of losers who would steal from people trying to work for a living.

I know a guy that had his tail gate stolen...
I have watched a guy throw a bag of cement that was left in the back of his truck bed that got soaked in the parking lot once. I just acted like I saw nothing but it's been one hell of a conversation starter over the years;)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I always back in really close to a wall or fence , the trailer hitch will let me know when to stop .

Had a rash of vehicles stolen near home once , they never seemed to take mine , it may have been because of that note I left taped to the dash , " must get brakes fixed tomorrow ".

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Tacoma tailgates are very easy to detach and steal. There's a simple solution for it, a rubber pipe clamp. I installed one just to make sure mine doesn't go missing as you saw, it's a super quick detachment, the video even looks like a Tacoma tailgate.

View attachment 75453

Took this off the Tacoma forums, it's a simple fix. There are keyed hose clamps that would make it more difficult vs the flat head version, but you get the idea. You can also position the head to poke out between the bed and the gate. Might just be enough to keep your tailgate safe and for them to move to easier targets.

I used the same idea, but used two heavy-duty zip ties.

(Which forum are you on?)

I'm a PT Sup, but once I left my rear window slightly down. Not entirely sure how they got in, perhaps they used a large wire to unlock the doors and get in but they stole my subwoofers and amplifier. Was a sad day. Truck was locked when I came back. Security gave not one single poop that day.

I solve the problem of people breaking into my truck while at work by never locking the doors. Go ahead and take whatever you need. Leave jumper cables in the back of the box in the winter in case someone needs a jump.