Peterson

quadro

UPS only pays different wages for 3 years. Then the new employee is at full scale. Just like FedEx?
But the fact remains that people get paid less for doing the same job. Yes it takes too long for Express employees to top out. I'm not debating that. I'm just pointing out that regardless of the pay, new employees making less are expected to hit the same goals as topped out employees regardless of whether that is a 3 year or 30 year top out.

And probellringer was talking about USPS, not UPS.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But the fact remains that people get paid less for doing the same job. Yes it takes too long for Express employees to top out. I'm not debating that. I'm just pointing out that regardless of the pay, new employees making less are expected to hit the same goals as topped out employees regardless of whether that is a 3 year or 30 year top out.

And probellringer was talking about USPS, not UPS.

Sigh. So I was right about UPS being 3 years and missed a letter on probellringer's post. And you are arguing to yourself. I have repeatedly agreed that everyone has to hit the same goals, which makes the rip-off all the more awesome for Fred. He can run new people ragged and out the door just like he does more experienced employees.

quadro

Sigh. So I was right about UPS being 3 years and missed a letter on probellringer's post. And you are arguing to yourself. I have repeatedly agreed that everyone has to hit the same goals, which makes the rip-off all the more awesome for Fred. He can run new people ragged and out the door just like he does more experienced employees.
Well that was a pretty important letter seeing as it changed the whole context of his post. Who cares if you were right about UPS being 3 years, that wasn't what he was talking about? How am I arguing with myself??? And if so many experienced people are being run out the door, how come there are many stations where a 25 year employee isn't even in the top 10 in seniority?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well that was a pretty important letter seeing as it changed the whole context of his post. Who cares if you were right about UPS being 3 years, that wasn't what he was talking about? How am I arguing with myself??? And if so many experienced people are being run out the door, how come there are many stations where a 25 year employee isn't even in the top 10 in seniority?

Go on living the Purple Promise, OK?