Petition to get center manager Transfered/Fired/Disciplined...Good Idea?...Preload

TxRoadDawg

Re: Petition to get center manager Transfered/Fired/Disciplined...Good Idea?...Preloa

Good luck with it but as Hoaxster would say be careful what you wish for. Remember how we pride ourselves all those diversification awards from every minority group the company can get.....

brown67

Re: Petition to get center manager Transfered/Fired/Disciplined...Good Idea?...Preloa

Can you go up the chain in the Union. Local president, or even a rep from the national. Have them come in and start watching the pre-load.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

1) My benefits are not free. I earn them as a part of my compensation package.

2) Along a similar note, my future social security benefits are not an entitlement as I have earned them by paying into the ponzi scheme for 40+ years.

1) OK, you are right, you get paid $50 an hour.

2) The Taxes you and UPS pay into Soc Sec fund are exactly that - Taxes. How the government decides to dole out that "payback" is entirely up to the government. If you have a UPS/Teamster retirement pension, you may find yourself "outside looking in" at Soc Sec drawing $0 per month Soc Sec.
It is an Entitlement since the nature of taxes is that you have no assurance of ever getting any of those "taxes" back.

trickpony1

Good luck with it but as Hoaxster would say be careful what you wish for. Remember how we pride ourselves all those diversification awards from every minority group the company can get.....

That's right.
If she's black and female you've got a better chance of winning the Powerball lottery than getting her fired.

Relaxed

Do not get ahead of yourself here. First - your business agent should be helping you out ALOT. If your business agent hasnt already came in and showed his/her presence to attempt to "help" then you will probably lose this no matter what! Your BA is the BAckbone of everything from what you have already said (everyone sick of the abuse/no help from district staff). What I dont understand is that after you called the 800#, was there not a large investigation? Those complaints go to corporate, to district and are not taken lightly. Security, Labor and HR are all involved, and its first steps are taken care within 24 hours, meaning your center manager would be going to the district office the next day, most commonly.

The BA needs to be talking with the Labor Manager - and the BA should be persistent about the concerns of people being treated equally (which sounds like everyone is) BUT treated with respect. I have been in managment for 10 years, I have heard of the iron fist managment and have witnessed it a time or two, but never, never have I ever heard, witnessed what you claim to be going through.

I would say it would be best if people stood up to her and said I will not work under these conditions. Supervisors should have already contacted someone in HR regarding her verbal abuse. It's our job as supervisors to protect our people from that. Her creating misloads is difficult to believe. What is this going to accomplish? More miles to deliver a misload.....Excess hours.....Possible missed packages.....You know how difficult it is to fire a preloader loading trucks for misloads? It would never stand at a panel. The Preload supervisors, PDS (dispatch supervisor) and ORS (driver supervisors) would go ape shi*, and if they are not, SHOULD BE, unless they are under the gun like you state Union employees are. I speak with my employees, they have my trust and I have theirs - I also do not have an center manager like you state you do.

There has been mention of the $30 bucks an hour......Well, true, regardless if that isnt what you make exactly.....UPS drivers for the most part are the best paid in the industry, insurance paid for with pensions that will be around. You get OT over 8 and can file for working over 9.5 hours 3 of 5 days (even when you want to create your own dispatch - and good luck to managment proving it). DONT PICKET for unfair labor practices. You know how many people take verbal abuse for 8 bucks an hour? They would take a fist to the face for $30 (not saying its right!!!!!) Some would look at you like spoiled employees. Some wouldnt care. Bad publicity. Not the publicity you want. I would want to yell "fire" as well, but I don't think you would like who all comes to your door. Talk to some other stewards in other centers, get their input. Watch to whom you do speak with locally, they may have some agreement/understanding with the party you are trying to change (union and company) - this should be easy to see.

I wish you the best of luck getting this squared away. Business Agent via Labor, Business Agent via Labor, Business Agent via Labor.... That's your yellow brick road friend.. Good Luck

fightingthegoodfight

Ok so i didnt realize this woman is a FT on car SUP the guy she answers too have been on disibility for as long that i have been there (a little over a year) and she answers to i assume the district manager now

So she is NOT a center manager but sure comes off like she runs the show. Still nothing has happened dispite all the 1800 calls could this be because her boss is out so one wants to deal with it? Either way HR and district need to be investiagted because all this stuff has been going on for FAR too long and too much paperwork has been filed against her for no action to be taken

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

I always wanted to explore having an order of protection served against an on-car like this. They hand those out for the slimmest of reasons nowadays. Might be worth following up with an attorney as this seems like it might be rising to hostile workplace territory (which is saying a lot considering UPS is normally a pretty hostile workplace).

fightingthegoodfight

Yea there are 3 of us who have pretty strong cases against her...myself (preload) a PT preload SUP who has now quit because of her abuse and our senior 26 year OMS has been the one writing letters to corprate and she said shes not going to stop untill someone acknowledges this situation.

My union REP came by and it was left that she has a 128 day probation period so if she flips out again on anyone it will go to panel. We are now fighting the SUPS working case and trying to get her to hire more people as we are very understaffed.

Oh im sure she is going to love me when she has to pay out over 200 dollars in just the first wave of preload grievences. Haha

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

Go picket out in front of the center. Are you on or near a busy road? Hold signs up saying what is going on at the center. Call the local newspaper to come and interview you about what is happening. A little negative news story and I'm sure things will start to change. Word of caution. Don't do this on the clock. Do it before or after work. Also, don't wear your uniform. Have your local call UPS and tell them you will start picketing the center unless things change. The local president should be on the phone telling UPS that you will be conducting informational picketing until the center manager is moved or fired. Just my two cents. You can't go on strike, but you can picket the center on your own time.

We have this guy that shows up now and again in front of the leaving points of our building. I've heard stories to what he truly is, obviously he only targets UPS drivers. Heard he was retired from driving, or that he was fired and never got his job back are the two that stick out.

He sits in the floor bed of his truck in a folding chair, waits for a UPS driver to go by. Holds it up and says " have a $###ty day! ". I'll try to get a photo sooner or later. I'm not one to be fumbling to get the cell phone camera out while driving.

bigblu 2 you

The average Joe Schmoe who sees a bunch of "overpaid" employees picketing over "unfair" labor practices is not going to care whether you earned your benefits or not. All they are going to know is that you earn $30+/hr and don't have to pay for your benefits. Each of them would take your place in a heartbeat.

Social Security is most certainly an entitlement program.
overpaid?really?

old brown shoe

30 year driver

Sure is alot of flu going around. They say stay home if you have any symptoms so you do not spread the flu. cough cough nuff said

DS

Fenderbender

fightingthegoodfight We tried this about a year ago in an attempt to get rid of our center manager.Even though about 99% of the drivers signed it,nothing changed.The truth is,if this person is getting results,and her numbers look good,they really won't give rats ass what you think.

fightingthegoodfight

And thats the thing we arnt really making our number as far as production (drivers starting 30min after start-time) but i do know we were first in our district as far as cost because you are right, she saves them sooo much money by doing so much with less

Well run the same amount of trucks regardless of volume they cut routes cut hours pushes the belt speed pushes us to get off the clock. That is why we are workin with the union do get more people hired slow down the belt and do things right...because i do believe the uppers like her because she saves the company $

I have decided not to do the petition unless she really losses it again on one of my union guys but im not putting my neck out there for the SUPS they can handle it them selves

Omega man

The drivers in your center need to stand together and give her realistic numbers. Every driver should be doing the job by the book and following your contract religiously. File grievances for all infractions.
Your drivers also don't have to do anything extra for her.
When her numbers crash, she will be moved.
Allowing management to be successful using tactics like harassment and verbal abuse only conditions them to continue the behavior.

swen

File a protest with the International in Washington, then contact your states Labor Dept and file a protest. Dont worry about management side of the coin. They themselves should file with the states Labor Dept. As for the time allowed for a grievance to be heard, consult your copy of the contract...and push the point to your local that you will in turn report THEM to the labor dept.