Peyton Manning

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am sure this was a tough decision for the Colts. Manning has been their franchise. However, $28M is a lot of money for an athlete with a history of neck issues.

It will be weird to see him in a Dolphins uniform.

brownedout

I'm not so sure it was a tough decision on Irsay's part. This is why they severed ties with the Polians and Mike Caldwell, so when this time came their was nobody with any allegiance toward Manning. I too believe Peyton will be a Dolphin next season.

brownedout

When Peyton's dad, Archie left the Saints for the Oilers, his backup was Oliver Luck, Andrew's dad. You can't make this stuff up. As heard on ESPN's Sportscenter.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Who better to train Tebow than Manning. Why not keep Tebow? Manning does not have that many years left to him.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Who better to train Tebow than Manning. Why not keep Tebow? Manning does not have that many years left to him.

Even if you think that Tebow has a future as an NFL starter, he's clearly a completely different kind of QB than Manning and can't reasonably be expected to step in and run the same kind of offense as a backup. Trading him gives Denver room to pick up some players that will compliment Peyton's game cuz it's not like all they need is a QB, they have a lot of holes.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I don't feel this is a good fit for the Broncos.
Elway and Manning are headstrong QB's.

Manning just joined the future HOF QB club not willing to give up the game.

Move over Brett...you just lost your Tiara.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
They should keep Tebow and line him up as the tight end he should have been.

That is an interesting idea. I think it is pretty crappy for him to be tossed aside like some useless piece of trash. You cannot deny that he has heart. He just needs tutoring. Broncos should keep him.

P

pickup

Press conference in Denver this afternoon......a figure of $95 million (5 years) was hinted at.

I am very curious about how much of that $95 million is guaranteed. If this were a baseball contract, I would say the Broncos are crazy, but this is a football contract. If Peyton is not up to the task or prone to injuries, the Broncos can release him without being on the hook for the full 95 million(just like the Colts released Peyton just before he was due a huge sum of money).

bbsam

Staff member
That is an interesting idea. I think it is pretty crappy for him to be tossed aside like some useless piece of trash. You cannot deny that he has heart. He just needs tutoring. Broncos should keep him.
He's a heck of a guy, a great competitor, and a dedicated team player. He'll be fine.