Peyton Manning

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Manning's contract is 5 years/$96M. He gets $18M guaranteed this year. He must take and pass a physical each year of the contract--if he fails or gets hurt he only gets paid for that season. There are incentive clauses built in to the contract as well.

I'm sorry, this just doesn't make sense. With Tebow you had a kid you could build your team around for the future. With Manning you are spending a ton of money on a 36 yr old with medical issues in the hope of winning a Super Bowl within 5 years.

Tebow would benefit from having Bill Belichick as a coach and Tom Brady as a mentor.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Manning's contract is 5 years/$96M. He gets $18M guaranteed this year. He must take and pass a physical each year of the contract--if he fails or gets hurt he only gets paid for that season. There are incentive clauses built in to the contract as well.

I'm sorry, this just doesn't make sense. With Tebow you had a kid you could build your team around for the future. With Manning you are spending a ton of money on a 36 yr old with medical issues in the hope of winning a Super Bowl within 5 years.

Tebow would benefit from having Bill Belichick as a coach and Tom Brady as a mentor.

I agree 120%.

And I would like to point out that I can not name any QB's that PM mentored.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I heard a rumor that he is coming to NE Patriots
That makes a lot of sense to me and I'm sure they would love to have him but they're not going to pay an exorbitant amount for him either so I can see them getting outbid.

Tebow had a 46% completion rate last year, that's not someone you can build your team around unless you really believe you can be a contender running an option style offense.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tebow had a 46% completion rate last year, that's not someone you can build your team around unless you really believe you can be a contender running an option style offense.

He was improving as the season progressed. He will never be a traditional quarterback but does give an offensive coordinator options other QB's don't. Brady is clearly not a running threat--defensive coordinators know this--yet he still picks defenses apart.

texan

Then maybe not...See Saw
Tim Tebow trade hits snag, deal with New York Jets could be off.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the deal between the Denver Broncos and New York Jets to send Tim Tebow to the
Big Apple has hit a snag that could nullify the blockbuster trade.
The two teams reportedly agreed to the deal before the Broncos requested that the Jets pay back salary and bonuses
that were already paid to Tebow.

Tim Tebow has $5 million worth of recapture language," Schefter tweeted

, "meaning Jets would have to pay back money to Denver. Jets might be unwilling."
Similar language ended trade talks between Denver and the Jacksonville Jaguars, Schefter noted. He later
wrote that a league source believes the trade will eventually go through. If it doesn't, the
St. Louis Rams could get involved.

Tim Tebow trade hits snag, deal with New York Jets could be off | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports
That stinks for these bros who somehow already purchased matching Tebow Jets jerseys in the three hours since the trade was announced.

P

pickup

Then maybe not...See Saw
Tim Tebow trade hits snag, deal with New York Jets could be off.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the deal between the Denver Broncos and New York Jets to send Tim Tebow to the
Big Apple has hit a snag that could nullify the blockbuster trade.
The two teams reportedly agreed to the deal before the Broncos requested that the Jets pay back salary and bonuses
that were already paid to Tebow.

Tim Tebow has $5 million worth of recapture language," Schefter tweeted

, "meaning Jets would have to pay back money to Denver. Jets might be unwilling."
Similar language ended trade talks between Denver and the Jacksonville Jaguars, Schefter noted. He later
wrote that a league source believes the trade will eventually go through. If it doesn't, the
St. Louis Rams could get involved.

Tim Tebow trade hits snag, deal with New York Jets could be off | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports
That stinks for these bros who somehow already purchased matching Tebow Jets jerseys in the three hours since the trade was announced.

Yep, i saw that 3 minutes ago. The Jets are idiots. They just signed Mark Sanchez for a big extension.