Phil (Duck Dynasty) covered under 1st Amendment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Screen-shot-2013-12-21-at-11.59.26-AM.png

HT: Tony Lee

Catatonic

Nine Lives
After all is said and done about beliefs on Gay Marriage ----is not the anatomy of the Male and Female truly at the "HEART" of the debate ?????:closedeye

No, I don't think they are at the heart of the matter.

Is your relationship with your wife only about the act of having sex with her?

moreluck

golden ticket member
If I record programs on A & E (ch 67 here) am I counted among their viewership? If so, I'm not recording on 67 anymore.

wkmac

Read it for yourself

Interesting and revealing read.

I found the comments of Willie and Phil about the end of this ride (Duck Dynasty show) very insightful. I came away thinking they are almost ready if not ready now for that day to come. Maybe Phil has a motive going on here but to be honest I didn't find his comments that sent some through the roof to be that much in the first place.

Regardless of motives, both sides of this religious/moral debate (that does have political underpinnings) scored a huge windfall from it and both should buy a nice christmas gift for Phil and for the same reason too. Even Dusty Smith (TOS posted his video) made money off this deal.

But as I said in my original post in this thread, what is really happening while people are fixated on this non story?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The way he worded his opinions? So he doesn't put his thoughts in Shakespearean prose they way you might then that makes his thoughts wrong?

And if you read with it correctly he does not compare homosexuals to terrorists,etc. he said it's not his place to judge homosexuals , drunks, terrorists, etc. That describes a list of people he does not judge not one homosexual drunk terrorist. See the difference?

This guy might be the biggest :censored2: on the planet but to be ostracized for this interview only is wrong.
I understand the difference sure, but I'd encourage you to read the entire interview.

"Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

People are gonna look into it, and find videos of him at a church where he calls homosexual people perverse, full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. He says they are insolent, arrogant, god haters, heartless, faithless, senseless, ruthless, and evil.

His thoughts are wrong no matter how he words them. That is my opinion, and he is entitled to his.

upswife75

Interesting and revealing read.

I found the comments of Willie and Phil about the end of this ride (Duck Dynasty show) very insightful. I came away thinking they are almost ready if not ready now for that day to come. Maybe Phil has a motive going on here but to be honest I didn't find his comments that sent some through the roof to be that much in the first place.

Regardless of motives, both sides of this religious/moral debate (that does have political underpinnings) scored a huge windfall from it and both should buy a nice christmas gift for Phil and for the same reason too. Even Dusty Smith (TOS posted his video) made money off this deal.

But as I said in my original post in this thread, what is really happening while people are fixated on this non story?

I read something about how he didn't want to be on the show, anyway, so maybe this was his way out. Who knows? Personally, it doesn't matter to me one way or another. My only beef with the whole controversy was people claiming that his first amendment rights were taken. They weren't.

As for what was happening while everyone was fixated on this. I already mentioned that a few posts earlier. Congress fast tracked a new NDAA through yesterday, while no one was looking. Not to mention the :censored2: congressman from GA who thinks that poor kids should have to sweep floors and clean the tables at school to earn their lunch. Yeah, because poor kids aren't bullied enough as it is.

wkmac

I understand the difference sure, but I'd encourage you to read the entire interview.

"Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

People are gonna look into it, and find videos of him at a church where he calls homosexual people perverse, full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. He says they are insolent, arrogant, god haters, heartless, faithless, senseless, ruthless, and evil.

His thoughts are wrong no matter how he words them. That is my opinion, and he is entitled to his.

The fact that those videos exist prior to the GQ interview that sent so many into orbit sez a lot about those who dislike the whole Duck Dynasty thing. And don't tell me A&E wasn't aware either if these videos are out there.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The fact that those videos exist prior to the GQ interview that sent so many into orbit sez a lot about those who dislike the whole Duck Dynasty thing. And don't tell me A&E wasn't aware either if these videos are out there.
It is odd that they suspended him for staying in character.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
1) My only beef with the whole controversy was people claiming that his first amendment rights were taken. They weren't.

2) Not to mention the :censored2: congressman from GA who thinks that poor kids should have to sweep floors and clean the tables at school to earn their lunch.

1) I went back and looked at every single post and not one person brought up First (and 14th) Amendment rights but you.
Fight with yourself much? :wink-very:

2) I swept floors and cleaned tables at my high school and college to pay for my meals. Didn't bother me and I feel it made me realize that it was up to me to take care of myself ... not the government or any other entity that decides to confiscate money from others to pay for my needs. I am a better person for the experience of cleaning up the lunchroom.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Douglas County Sheriff Says A&E No Longer Welcome
Douglas County Sheriff Phil Miller is making a business decision of his own.

Miller announced on his personal Facebook page Friday night that A&E would no longer be welcomed to film or produce any of its programs or series with the help of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office or its facilities.

"A&E has suspended Phil Robertson for talking about his conservative Christian beliefs," Miller wrote." None of us are without sin and I am not judging anyone. I am sure A&E made what they believe is a good business decision. Many people who disagree with A&E might choose to remain silent and there was a time when I might have done the same, but no longer. In my mind the punishment is unreasonable.

"I know it will not matter to A&E, but it will make me feel better. A&E has produced more than a half dozen programs with the assistance of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office. They will not do any more with my assistance while I am sheriff. It is time for someone other than Hollywood and the news media to stand up for what is right!"

Over the years A&E has filmed several shows centered here including most recently "Beyond Scared Straight," which featured the M.A.C.E. program sponsored by the DCSO.
http://weaselzippers.us/?p=165164

wkmac

I read something about how he didn't want to be on the show, anyway, so maybe this was his way out. Who knows? Personally, it doesn't matter to me one way or another. My only beef with the whole controversy was people claiming that his first amendment rights were taken. They weren't.

As for what was happening while everyone was fixated on this. I already mentioned that a few posts earlier. Congress fast tracked a new NDAA through yesterday, while no one was looking. Not to mention the :censored2: congressman from GA who thinks that poor kids should have to sweep floors and clean the tables at school to earn their lunch. Yeah, because poor kids aren't bullied enough as it is.

Also last Sunday, NY Post released a story of Saudi Arabia state involvement in 9/11 and this was hidden from the American public by the US Gov't. More emerged during the week mostly to be drowned by the Duck Dynasty nonsense.

Congressmen absolutely shocked of foreign state involvement in 9/11

The wall of lies are beginning to crack. Patience and Time! Patience and Time!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Since we're bringing the police into the conversation, despite the supreme court striking down anti-sodomy laws, homosexuality is still on the books as a crime against nature punishable by 5 years in jail in Louisiana.

"Some Louisiana police, too, have still been enforcing the law: A Baton Rouge Advocate investigation published in July revealed that the East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s office had arrested at least a dozen people under the anti-sodomy law since 2011.

The local prosecutor refused to pursue the cases, but the sheriff's office was not repentant."

LA Times

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Also last Sunday, NY Post released a story of Saudi Arabia state involvement in 9/11 and this was hidden from the American public by the US Gov't. More emerged during the week mostly to be drowned by the Duck Dynasty nonsense.

Congressmen absolutely shocked of foreign state involvement in 9/11

The wall of lies are beginning to crack. Patience and Time! Patience and Time!
It's amazing people are still shocked by this, especially a congressman. The writing has certainly been on the wall for a long time. 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi, it doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.