Phillies get schooled!

P

pickup

The poor Phillies were shutdown, shutout(3 times in a row) and swept by the Mets this week.

Nothing more to say!:happy2:

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The fact that happened and I watch and or listened to it was worse than root canal.My hats off to the Mets everybody but that hot dog Reyes.

P

pickup

The fact that happened and I watch and or listened to it was worse than root canal.My hats off to the Mets everybody but that hot dog Reyes.

That did have to hurt, especially being unable to score a run for 27 innings. Oh well, baseball is a marathon not a sprint. I'll wait to see how the mets do against the phillies in philly before I anoint them.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I was 9 the year after Pop took me to see Don Drysdale Sandy Koufax pitch against the Phils at old Connie Mack Stadium @ 20th and Lehigh in North Philly. The Phils were not very good in those years but I new every player and their number. They are all a little hazy now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The first Red Sox game that I saw in person was when I was 8 or 9. My Little League coach took us all to Fenway for the day. We lost to the Royals 13-4 but I didn't care. There is just something about looking out at the grass of a major league baseball field for the first time.

I recall seeing that awe in the eyes of my children when I brought them to Fenway for the first time.

My daughter has a friend who has access to 4 Yankees season tickets and she has asked me if I would like to join them for a game. I can't wait to see the new Yankee Stadium, although I will be sure to keep my Red Sox hat in the cah.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"My first Red Sox game that I saw in person was when I was 8 or 9. "

Your story should start....."The first time the Red Sox saw me in person....etc

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I have been to the Old Yankee Stadium. Sat right near Mayor Giuliani (GE corporate seats ) like Bob Uecker "in the front row" LOL Need to see Fenway and Wrigley. I want to sit with the crazys in the Wrigley bleachers behind the ivy covered wall.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have been to the Old Yankee Stadium. Sat right near Mayor Giuliani (GE corporate seats ) like Bob Uecker "in the front row" LOL Need to see Fenway and Wrigley. I want to sit with the crazys in the Wrigley bleachers behind the ivy covered wall.

My brother in law has season tickets to the Cubs, let me know when you come to town. The bleachers are crazy and a blast but $40 to sit on a bleacher with no back support? Im getting to old! lol

I have yet to take my kids to a game, maybe this summer as my oldest is only 7, I want to make sure he enjoys it for those prices. He has asked to go to a Backhawks game. Next year, I cant afford $10,000 for ice seats. lol

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
My brother in law has season tickets to the Cubs, let me know when you come to town. The bleachers are crazy and a blast but $40 to sit on a bleacher with no back support? Im getting to old! lol

I have yet to take my kids to a game, maybe this summer as my oldest is only 7, I want to make sure he enjoys it for those prices. He has asked to go to a Backhawks game. Next year, I cant afford $10,000 for ice seats. lol
Ditto same applies here ,though I can always get complimentary tickets from my other job. Phils, Eagles Flyers who wants to see the Sixers.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I am not sure but the Phils may be out of their slump. Led by the 46 year old Jamie Moyer who won his 100th game since turning 40 years old.