Phillies get schooled!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
6mKezxqR.jpg

Nickname worthy: Halladay, Hamels and Oswalt have become widely known collectively as H20.

Phillies' starters plan on leaving the Reds all wet
When Roy Oswalt is known as Little Roy, you know you have a problem. Oswalt, Big Roy -- that would be Cy Young frontrunner Roy Halladay -- and Cole Hamels form an imposing trio. More > you know you have a problem. Oswalt, Big Roy -- that would be Cy Young frontrunner Roy Halladay -- and Cole Hamels form an imposing trio.

P

pickup

Yeah for you ... please ask the Phils to lay down if the Braves are still in it. Rest the regulars ... 3rd string is good.

Atlanta backdoors into the playoffs. Expecting another quick departure of Atlanta from the playoffs. Although, if I were the storywriter, I would love for Cox to go into the sunset with a world series trophy.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Stewie is back and has lost his voice from screaming and cheering at the game

One Red was not so quick to credit Halladay. Orlando Cabrera thought home plate umpire John Hirschbeck had a lot to do with Halladay's no-hitter.

"It was a bad combination with John back there," Cabrera said. "He gave him every single pitch. A guy like Halladay feeds off that. It makes it nearly impossible with a guy like that. He can hit every single corner, and he was low in the zone."

"He and the umpire threw a no-hitter. Another umpire and another zone, he wouldn't have been able to throw a game like that. Basically, he was getting every pitch. We had no chance."

What a L-0-S-E-R let's make excuses. Maybe Oswalt can play some chin music for him Friday

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
More on that crybaby Cabrera :
The Reds:
They said any number of things after game one. Most were the tired clichés about “tipping caps,” things of that nature. Brandon Phillips made the argument he’d rather be no-hit than lose a close game. Not terribly sure if I buy into that one. Orlando Cabrera took the high road, claiming Halladay got help from the umpire. That’s like blaming the kid working the register at Wendy’s for you being fat.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The Phils dodge a bullet tonight .The baseball gods punished the Reds for their shortstop's stupid comments about Roy Holladay. Its on to Cincinatti. Should they bring the brooms ?:baseballplayer:

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Hamels, Phillies complete sweep of Reds

By Matt Gelb
Inquirer Staff Writer
CINCINNATI - The game and series ended with Cole Hamels on the mound, appropriate on so many levels. The Phillies celebrated the first postseason sweep in franchise history - clinched in a 2-0 victory over the Cincinnati Reds on Sunday night - by crowding around Hamels

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
They are Vampires I tell you ! Damm Yankees ! Philly needs to take care of the bussiness at hand before they can get the stake out .Beat the Freak and Pat the Bat.Then hopefully it's up to New York for a Halloween show down with Count Jeter.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Look they were Vampires in 1950...........
10. 1950 World Series, Game 2 - Allie Reynolds (Yankees) vs. Robin Roberts (Phillies)
Yankee ace Reynolds (career winning percentage, .630) took on future Hall of Famer Roberts in this one. The results were predictable. Each man went the distance and allowed but a single run through nine innings. Then it fell to Joe DiMaggio to win it on a home run in the 10th. Both defenses were stellar, but the pitching was even better. In fact, the Yankee pitching was such throughout, as the Phils managed just a total of five runs in four games. As for Roberts, in Game 2 he lost the only World Series start of his 19-year career.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Dave,
As a Sox fan you have to agree they are Vampires ! You need Holy Water, silver bullets (wait maybe that is for warewolfs), and wooden stakes made form Louisville Sluggers to kill them.You know their closer is 150 years old ( more proof they are nosterfau).
I hope tonight's game lives up to the hype Doc vs The Freak.It will be crazy at the bank. South Philly will be nuts all weekend Temple Football today, Phils Giants today and tommorow. Flyers Penquins tonight and Eagles Atlanta @ 1 tommorow . All with in a block of the other.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Apparentley a least for one night in the NCLS this thread is titled appropriatley ! Raul you have to catch that ball ! Looking forward to a recovery tonight with the Wiz of Os and maybe some timley hitting. Time for Howard and Utley to earn their pay. It is going to be a long day. Maybe I can watch the Eagles or rake some leaves or ponder why the company and union is stalling on the 22.3 issue.Wait that is for another thread. My bad !