photo contest Side conversations

DS

Fenderbender
OK so to be honest,I know squat about real photography.Hoax made the point that photoshopping,as I called it ,
is basically what digital photography is all about.My real intention was to allow any picture YOU took,that incites pleasure from the observer.
Even though there are several entries that are intriguing,I believe that a lot of bc enthusiasts,are missing this altogether.
I am working to resolve the communications aspect to get a few more entries before we have to choose.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Can we get some pepperoni next time? I understand that there are different styles of pizza in different areas and unless you put anchovies on it, it's all great!!!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Deep dish, yes, the sauce is on top.Stick to your poutine and snout/rectum dogs Klein.
A real deep dish? I've been dying to try one. All we have here is, I think it's called pizza UNO. Chain restaurant. The pizza is good, but I like thin crust you can fold. I would imagine the deep dish is great, though! Isn't all pizza good, like More says? I agree about the anchovies, too. Yuck! I would never turn down any pizza. Yummy, yummy in my tummy, tummy!! :) ;)

DS

Fenderbender
OK so to be honest,I know squat about real photography.Hoax made the point that photoshopping,as I called it ,
is basically what digital photography is all about.My real intention was to allow any picture YOU took,that incites pleasure from the observer.
Even though there are several entries that are intriguing,I believe that a lot of bc enthusiasts,are missing this altogether.
I am working to resolve the communications aspect to get a few more entries before we have to choose.

Ok so don't hate me,I moved all the relevant pictures to ups discussions in hope of getting a few more before we choose.
Sorry,the pizza looked good.

upsgrunt

I was stationed in San Antonio (basic training), Rantoul IL (tech school), Plattsburgh NY, Comiso Sicily and Lubbock TX. I put gas on airplanes.

What years were you in Rantoul? I live about 15 minutes from there, but you wouldn't recognize it today as the base was closed years ago. What do you remember about Rantucky?

A real deep dish? I've been dying to try one. All we have here is, I think it's called pizza UNO. Chain restaurant. The pizza is good, but I like thin crust you can fold. I would imagine the deep dish is great, though! Isn't all pizza good, like More says? I agree about the anchovies, too. Yuck! I would never turn down any pizza. Yummy, yummy in my tummy, tummy!! :) ;)

There are the four major pizza joints in Chicago. Gino`s East (my fav as they use a corn flour based crust), Pizzeria Uno, Lou Malnati`s, and Giordono`s. All have some form of the deep dish and usually a thin version also. Thin is what you traditionally picture (crust-sauce and toppings- cheese). Deep dish are usually made ,as you described, in reverse (crust- cheese and toppings-sauce) this is to keep the crust from being soggy. It`s actually really good as the sauce will take on a roasted flavor from being exposed to the heat of the oven. Deep dish is mostly eaten with a fork as it can get messy and is hard to handle.

The really thin crust "foldable" slice you like is more of an east coast thing. Like you said it`s pretty hard to find a truly bad pizza.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
There are the four major pizza joints in Chicago. Gino`s East (my fav as they use a corn flour based crust), Pizzeria Uno, Lou Malnati`s, and Giordono`s. bAll have some form of the deep dish and usually a thin version also. Thin is what you traditionally picture (crust-sauce and toppings- cheese). Deep dish are usually made ,as you described, in reverse (crust- cheese and toppings-sauce) this is to keep the crust from being soggy. It`s actually really good as the sauce will take on a roasted flavor from being exposed to the heat of the oven. Deep dish is mostly eaten with a fork as it can get messy and is hard to handle.

The really thin crust "foldable" slice you like is more of an east coast thing. Like you said it`s pretty hard to find a truly bad pizza.

The foldable stuff is New York Style......the deep stuff is Chicago style

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Strange how this thread was somehow started by me but I never actually started it. My sunrise post was removed from the photo contest and put here in post #1? Hmmm