Photo-enforced stoplights

The Driver

I drive.
I was cruising along today and I might have misjudged a stoplight and, sure enough, the camera flashed, surely capturing my package car's license plate. I spent the rest of the evening worrying about what will come of it. Will UPS pass the ticket along to me, or worse?

Anyone have any experience with these "PHOTO ENFORCED LIGHTS"?

barnyard

KTM rider
I thought the Supremes said they were not constitutional.

I would report it and be prepared for lots of stale green talk.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
In our State they just hand you the ticket and say "take care of it". You really don't have to do anything as they can't serve a Corporation, and if UPS were to identify you they would then have to serve you personally. There is a 180 day time limit so it's possible to run out the clock.
AZ doesn't allow service by mail.

PhatAzz

In Tennessee the license plate is mounted on the Front bumper. If your tags are mounted on the rear then I would be expecting a note from finance to reimburse for a paid ticket.
In Tennessee the law enforcement agency cannot use a vehicle number. The photo has to clearly show the license plate.
In our center we had one vehicle with the tag on the rear. The driver AND the TCD covering his vacation BOTH got hit with speeding camera fines within a few weeks of each other. They had to pay. The Shop promptly moved the tag to the front bumper.
Hey Barnyard, the pants fit great.

PT Car Washer

I got caught by the mobile speed camera. Only think was on road sup was driving but the car and DIAD was in my name. Picture did not show the driver just license plate and truck number. Tried to get me to pay it but sup stuck up for me. Must be a big money maker as they are all over the place now.

UPSGUY72

IF you get a ticket fight it and use the stale green light excuse method when fighting it. You can also fight it by saying it went from green to red without a delay. Those red light camera make more money for the private company running them then the city. A lot of city are getting rid of them because of rear end accidents and the fact the timing of the lights can be change by the private company that monitors the light to increase there profits.

The Driver

I drive.
PhatAzz, I'm not in Tennessee but our plates are mounted only on the front of the package car. It seemed like the camera flash came from the rear but I'm not sure. I hope this all just goes away. I may just not be called back after peak season since I'm new. Pretty bummed but oh well.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I thought the Supremes said they were not constitutional.

I would report it and be prepared for lots of stale green talk.

Gladys Knight carries a lot more weight in Georgia.

I look at it as just another tax.
I've had 4 or 5 of them ... of course in my personal car.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Gladys Knight carries a lot more weight in Georgia.​

Except for that night that the lights went out.

We had one red light camera. A Virginia based company used a $40K grant to install and maintain the camera. There were so many issues with the camera that it was taken down within two years of being installed.

To the OP---as a seasonal driver you should bust your butt and hope that mgt overlooks this transgression.

Johney

Here you pay the ticket. Red light cameras take two pics one where you are when the light turns yellow and another where you are when it turns red, so if you're behind the line when it's yellow and blow through you're getting a ticket.

oldngray

nowhere special
Those red light cameras are notorious for short yellows and if they catch people in middle of intersection with the the light red they give you a ticket. It doesn't matter where you were when the light turned yellow. The companies running those cameras get paid per ticket so they make the yellows illegally short. Many lawsuits over it and the cameras are being removed from many areas.

The Driver

I drive.
I was almost through the intersection when it flipped to red if I remember. It was just a bad misread on the stale green timing. I'm just hoping this one knucklehead mistake doesn't get me the axe. :sick:

The Driver

I drive.
If I'm not mistaken I think the company that manages these cameras sends photos to the police and then the cops decide whether to send the ticket to the owner or to throw it out. I'm really hoping the police department here just throws it out... Dreaming. I just want to work! Big Brother is really a pain in my ass right now.

Whargoul

They put up one of these lights right at the intersection next to our hub that everyone has to go through. I got a warning letter for not making a complete stop or something at 3am when I was on preload. Quite a few people at the hub told me they got tickets. I'm sure whoever owns it makes a lot of money off all the trucks that come through.

S

serenity now

Those red light cameras are notorious for short yellows and if they catch people in middle of intersection with the the light red they give you a ticket. It doesn't matter where you were when the light turned yellow. The companies running those cameras get paid per ticket so they make the yellows illegally short. Many lawsuits over it and the cameras are being removed from many areas.

Had one in my town that got removed because of the short yellow. As soon as it turned yellow, the locals would jam their brakes causing the foreigners off the interstate to nearly run into the back of the locals.