Photography inside the hub?

air_dr

Somebody should tell the people who uploaded the countless youtube videos posted of inside UPS facilities!
Are there really "countless" videos on you tube?

I have only come across a few.

One of them "A morning at UPS" (6:20) is very well done, I think. I have found it both entertaining as well as informative and have pointed prospective UPSers to it, who by watching it were able to quickly see if working at UPS was something they should consider.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
IMG_3023.jpg

This is our newest sign, it doesn't say anything about cameras.

Random_Facts

For our hub, there are two signs one in front of the guardshack, and one right before you enter the main enterence in the building. It says "No Bluetooth behind this line" yet management uses bluetooth. Go figure.

Like someone mentioned before, you can youtube a lot of UPS hubs. Want a priceless video..go to youtube and type in: UPS powerzone

brownedout

Ever since my cellphone had a camera I have documented things with photographs. I take pictures of diad text messages if I think I will need it down the road. I take pictures of my loads in the morning from the back of the truck and from the bulkhead door.

I too take a picture with my cell phone camera of my bulhead door BLOCKED 4 out of 5 days a week non-peak. I have also taken pictures (in full view of management) of particulalrly ugly looking accordians, as well as other disgusting looking packages that no one should ever be asked to deliver; And no loader with 1/4 of a brain would even have attempted to load. I have never been told that this was against policy. This is first I have ever heard or read (saw) of this. In regards to blue tooth, I beieve these devices cause interference with transmission of data while DIAD 's are being down/up loaded. At least that is what the caution poster says.

U

upsman39

The new diad that's due out in 2011 has a built in camera. So I guess no new diads in building ?

BrownArmy

Let's start them late and cut them early...it certainly makes a lot more sense to shave twenty minutes off the preload than it does to pay multiple drivers xx-amount of hours in over-time due to misloads, add-cuts that didn't make the cut, etc. etc.

WOW! Look at that shiny dime...