Photography

texan

I started a thread photo of the day. It's intention was to post recent photos / new photos
that reflect news or recent photos.

I think I will start this named Photography.
The photo can be many years old, but reflects excellence in picture taking.
My 1st, a Black and White by Xavier Fargas.
Xavier.jpg

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I started a thread photo of the day. It's intention was to post recent photos / new photos
that reflect news or recent photos.

I think I will start this named Photography.
The photo can be many years old, but reflects excellence in picture taking.
My 1st, a Black and White by Xavier Fargas.
Xavier.jpg

I like the perspective using a park bench like many have used railroad tracks before.....

texan

Of course I will post color ones in the future, but there is still something about black and white.
It seems to capture the real beauty of a photo, and brings out the subject's features.
Look below at the two below:
d84164236eef50ee0b62e03fd659338a-1.jpg

Hagley_Squared_by_Niv24.jpg

Niv24 on deviantART

texan

Best Amateur "Nature/Wildlife" Picture of 2011
Photograph courtesy Andiyna Lutfi, Sony World Photography Awards
world-photography-contest-2011-open-nature-wildlife-ants_35450_600x450.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hoke, did you get my PM regarding a good basic photography book? The request was for me---I am looking for a hobby which I hope will carry over in to my retirement years. If possible I would like a book that teaches the basics of digital photography and creating/editing a website or facebook page. Thanks. Dave.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoke, did you get my PM regarding a good basic photography book? The request was for me---I am looking for a hobby which I hope will carry over in to my retirement years. If possible I would like a book that teaches the basics of digital photography and creating/editing a website or facebook page. Thanks. Dave.

I'm researching Dave.
I started in Photography over 40 years ago so personal experience does not help.
I teach photography at a college here but I spend 3 times as much ad libbing.
Give me another week.

texan

If one plays the guitar, but you are average, or maybe above average, it does not make you a "great" guitarist.

Eric Clapton, Prince, Jimi H., Roy Clark, etc are guitarist, Great Guitarist, among many many more.

You know when you hear one.

I am not a great photographer, or make great pictures, but I know one, when I see one.

That said, on with this thread; :happy-very:

One of many, that I wish I could have taken;
03_skyabove.jpg

The Space Shuttle Discovery lifts off from launch pad 39-A at Kennedy Space Center on May 31, 2008 in Cape Canaveral, Florida, en route to the International Space Station on a construction mission. (Eliot J. Schechter /Getty Images) #

texan

Time exposure of the Swiss mountain resort of Grindelwald next to the north face of the Eiger mountain, seen
on January 10, 2008. (REUTERS/Stefan Wermuth)
11_17250697.jpg

texan

Robert Peraza, who lost his son Robert David Peraza, pauses at his son's name at the North Pool of the 9/11
Memorial during the 10th anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2011.

(Justin Lane - AFP/Getty Images)
best-images-of-the-year-2011-17-20111208.jpg

texan

A Bull Frog hops around as Carlos Costly #13 of Honduras brings the ball up against the USA at Sun Life Stadium
on October 8, 2011 in Miami Gardens, Florida. (Marc Serota - AFP/Getty Images)
best-images-of-the-year-2011-24-20111008.jpg

texan

Wild horses are herded down from the mountains for the annual Rapa das Bestas (shearing of the beasts) festival
on July 2, 2011 in Sabucedo, Spain.
Hundreds of wild horses are rounded up from the mountains and directed into the outdoor pen to be trimmed
and marked.
(Denis Doyle - AFP/Getty Images)
11best-images-of-the-year-2011-34-20110702.jpg

texan

Photo of Iceberg That Sank the Titanic Up for Sale
An auction house is selling a black and white photo of the iceberg that experts say the Titanic
struck shortly before it sank on its maiden voyage.

The photo was taken April 12, 1912, two days before “the unsinkable ship” met her demise when
she hit an iceberg shortly before midnight April 14, killing 1,502 people.
ht_titanic_iceberg_jp_121126_wblog.jpg