Physical qualifications

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Now why would you do that? If I were that other driver, I'd tell you to call the center. I'm not breaking route unless the boss tells me.

Because we help each other, we are good to each other as drivers, if they need a hand, they know they can call me and if I need help I'll do the same. Easier to talk directly to another driver to see when/where he needs help than to have OMS' try to coordinate it

over9five

Staff member
Because we help each other, we are good to each other as drivers, if they need a hand, they know they can call me and if I need help I'll do the same. Easier to talk directly to another driver to see when/where he needs help than to have OMS' try to coordinate it
It's not your job. Do you want the OMS to be delivering your packages? Don't steal her work!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It's not your job. Do you want the OMS to be delivering your packages? Don't steal her work!

If that means that I don't have to deliver them, than yes. They could deliver the whole route, so then they could see how much of a PITA it is to have to answer their messages and go chase On-calls all day

wantwork

The number of Over 70's will vary but they are nowhere near one-half of the daily volume. If I had to guess I would say 10% or less. I deliver 300-400 (or more) pkgs per day and if I have 10 Over 70's that is a lot.

when you say deliver do package handlers unloader or loader have to move things like across one part of the hub to opposite end or what? Do I need to be prepared to carry packages up and down stairs?

Are there ladders or anything to help you reach the top of the wall of boxes if your a unloader?

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I've ask for help a couple of times, once I had a 140 lb. desk going to the third floor with no elevator. What I find is the driver they send to help you is more pissed about having to help you, than management is that you ask for help.

matt90

when you say deliver do package handlers unloader or loader have to move things like across one part of the hub to opposite end or what? Do I need to be prepared to carry packages up and down stairs?

Are there ladders or anything to help you reach the top of the wall of boxes if your a unloader?

In my hub loaders are "expected" to load 400 packages/hr. However, most of the other loaders on my belt usually range from 250 - 350 packages/hour a night. If you're in load or unload you will have a yellow stand with 2-3 steps on it (most of the time 2), that they require you to use when you're loading or unloading past shoulder height. This makes loading and unloading packages that are higher up, significantly easier. I usually load around 5-10 70lbs+ packages per trailer (I load anywhere between 3-5 trailers a night). And no, you aren't required to move packages from one end of the hub to another, nor do you need to carry packages up and down stairs.

U

uber

I've ask for help a couple of times, once I had a 140 lb. desk going to the third floor with no elevator. What I find is the driver they send to help you is more pissed about having to help you, than management is that you ask for help.

Tell him that you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. He should understand.