Pick up pieces

Back first

A few months ago my center manager told us not to scan any pick up pieces if customer doesn't have end of day. Just curious if this is company wide.

JL 0513

Really? I have some scheduled P/U customers that don't print end of day. I just go into p/u screen and scan each package. Never seems to be a problem.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Really? I have some scheduled P/U customers that don't print end of day. I just go into p/u screen and scan each package. Never seems to be a problem.
I do the same. I know we don't have to but it gives me an accurate count more than anything.

Ouch

We were told a couple years ago not to do this. It has something to do with the tracking from the customers point of view. Who knows.

Back first

Only asking because I was doing a pick up at Ultra Diamonds and she insisted I scan her packages. I told her we do not do this anymore. She said every driver at her other stores scan the pieces. Told her to call UPS. Just doing as I'm told.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Only asking because I was doing a pick up at Ultra Diamonds and she insisted I scan her packages. I told her we do not do this anymore. She said every driver at her other stores scan the pieces. Told her to call UPS. Just doing as I'm told.
If this is a new pickup for you ask your sup what you they want you to do. Considering these are most likely high value packages the practice of scanning them might be what loss prevention would want to have clear visibility of them as to prevent inaccurate high value counts.

In a pinch and as mentioned the possibility of high value packages, why not scan them to make the customer happy at that moment and then pass it on to management when you get in and let them contact the shipper and settle the issue.

Rubber Puckies

What about info notices? I was told it we didn't need to scan it. I just choose no when it asks to scan the info notice barcode. Then today talking with some other drivers they say you HAVE to scan it. Is this true? I'm positive my on car sup said no need to.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What about info notices? I was told it we didn't need to scan it. I just choose no when it asks to scan the info notice barcode. Then today talking with some other drivers they say you HAVE to scan it. Is this true? I'm positive my on car sup said no need to.
Why would you ever NOT scan it?

oldngray

nowhere special
I think if the driver scans the packages it might mess up the time in transit and look like service failures. Not sure though. But if a customer was anal about having them scanned I certainly would do so (even though it makes little difference but its pointless to try to explain that to some customers).

Cementups

Box Monkey
The only individual packages I scan have the parcel in the bottom right corner. Except for one stop where I won't scan those even because the can ship up to 2,000 that way sometimes.

Marne Vet

We would be fired if we didn't scan Info Notices. I would talk to your center manager, because it sounds like your on road sup will be looking for a job in the near future.

The bigger stores don't get credited for merch unless it is scanned picked up. Dick's informed me of this after I neglected to scan and only counted a box of smalls (I was trying to keep in compliance).

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I scanned 300 pkgs at a pickup stop and wonder why I run an hour over. Really people? Pick up the boxes, put in total. Done. Include any ARS and Internet packages in the count without scanning.