Pick Up Route Gone Hours Reduced

chargerlou

Was informed Friday Morning that my pick up route was going to a part-timer. I knew it was coming considering I was putting in 11.59 Hrs on Mondays and 9-10hrs Tuesday-Friday. They already have me starting late@ 8:25 Tues-Friday. Guess they think by reducing my hours Express will be saved.....

newgirl

Was informed Friday Morning that my pick up route was going to a part-timer. I knew it was coming considering I was putting in 11.59 Hrs on Mondays and 9-10hrs Tuesday-Friday. They already have me starting late@ 8:25 Tues-Friday. Guess they think by reducing my hours Express will be saved.....

I hope you saved some of that overtime money. 50+ hours a week is pretty good considering what's going on. Is the part-timer a new hire or someone that transferred in? It's probably not reducing hours so much as reducing overtime. They still have to pay the hours to the part timer but it's straight time. It's all just numbers fudging as usual.

Maybe you will get a new start time?

vantexan

No offense but maybe its time for a second income from you or your wife.

Yessiree, when a courier will have to take a 4hr split before doing a pickup rt just to get 35 hrs, nothing will make him feel better than then going down to McDonalds to flip burgers for 5 hrs. Mommy, is that my Daddy? Do you think when FedEx is pulling in an extra billion in profit from the restructuring that they'll kick some of it back to us in higher pay or bonuses? Doubtful, they don't want FTers to have any incentive to hang on.

chargerlou

Actually might be time to find a wife lol ..This will be my fifth year with FedEx.. I don't mind the less hours. I m only feeling it for those who really mind losing the hours.. I don't mind these part time hours with fulltime privileges....

newgirl

It's a part timer they have not hired yet..Go figure..

Of course. Hopefully it will take a while for them to get that filled. Keep putting in the hours and put as much away as you can. OT is on the hitlist, even if they have to spend more money to reduce it.

Damon77

I've been here almost 15 years and have never even been able to sniff an 8 hour shift. I'd love to be able to get out that early. I don't remember what it's like to eat dinner before 7:30 at night.

FedEx Managers and Engineers designed these 10-12 hour rtes, and now it's OUR fault we're getting so much overtime.

LTFedExer

Guess that's how they expect the "attrition " to come get no one can survive with 35 hrs a week.. Time to move on...
Right from the start, I budgeted myself for 35 hours. Anything over that is a bonus. I know a FT courier that does 2-3 PM's/week and an occasional Saturday because he put himself in a position that he needs the money. I would love to buy a new car. But, until I can pay cash for it, it can wait.

Goldilocks

Right from the start, I budgeted myself for 35 hours. Anything over that is a bonus. I know a FT courier that does 2-3 PM's/week and an occasional Saturday because he put himself in a position that he needs the money. I would love to buy a new car. But, until I can pay cash for it, it can wait.

Yep, you are correct. People live way above their means. We dont either. Drive old cars that are paid off and a small home.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Actually might be time to find a wife lol ..This will be my fifth year with FedEx.. I don't mind the less hours. I m only feeling it for those who really mind losing the hours.. I don't mind these part time hours with fulltime privileges....

Welcome to the club, brother! Been working 20-30 and getting my guarantee for almost 6 months now....at first I was only putting 10-15 to get it..lmao!!

Ricochet1a

Found out today our station is going to hire about 8 part-timers 1 of which will replace me on my pickup route "sweet"

If one listens carefully, one can hear the squeak of the "hiring spigot" being opened....

Has your station used Dynamic ROADS at all?

How about during the week?

I ask, since this is a timing question with regards to the "big picture".

chargerlou

If one listens carefully, one can hear the squeak of the "hiring spigot" being opened....

Has your station used Dynamic ROADS at all?

How about during the week?

I ask, since this is a timing question with regards to the "big picture".

They have not told us Dynamic roads has started however last week when first signing on, I hit the download roads manifest and it did download and the roads icon came on on lower center screen where the help logo is..

Ricochet1a

As part of the ramp-up for "rightsizing", the stations will be staffed up with part-time Couriers. This will eliminate virtually all OT for the full-timers.

What percentage of these hires will be doing PM pick-up routes as opposed to AM delivery routes?

chargerlou

As part of the ramp-up for "rightsizing", the stations will be staffed up with part-time Couriers. This will eliminate virtually all OT for the full-timers.

What percentage of these hires will be doing PM pick-up routes as opposed to AM delivery routes?
From what I understand 100% PM "all in town Del/pup routes will no longer do pick ups"