Pick Up Route Gone Hours Reduced

chargerlou

From what I understand 100% PM "all in town Del/pup routes will no longer do pick ups"

Our CSA's are being hit hard too with reduced hours.
I was told out of the 5 of them they had a total of 26 hours yesterday.. Im not good at math but it doesnt sound right..

Ricochet1a

From what I understand 100% "all in town routes will no longer do pick up routes..."

Fits the "big picture" precisely.

So... how are the 4x10s taking this? Not that many would object to becoming 5x8s, but their OT is now history.

This is going to be happening nationwide (bringing in PT Couriers, eliminating 4x10 routes and making OT as scarce as "hen's teeth").

When you do get to meet these new hires - find out just how many of them were previously driving with Ground contractors. This would be interesting (there is another piece of the puzzle out there regarding this).

chargerlou

Fits the "big picture" precisely.

So... how are the 4x10s taking this? Not that many would object to becoming 5x8s, but their OT is now history.

This is going to be happening nationwide (bringing in PT Couriers, eliminating 4x10 routes and making OT as scarce as "hen's teeth").

When you do get to meet these new hires - find out just how many of them were previously driving with Ground contractors. This would be interesting (there is another piece of the puzzle out there regarding this).
Yup all 4-10's are gone not happy with the extra day.

SmithBarney

4x10s are great for the company they work you 9, and you get no OT and your 36hrs(35hr guarantee) viola they have eliminated excessive OT,

chargerlou

Found out today our station is going to hire about 8 part-timers 1 of which will replace me on my pickup route "sweet"

If one listens carefully, one can hear the squeak of the "hiring spigot" being opened....

Has your station used Dynamic ROADS at all?

How about during the week?

I ask, since this is a timing question with regards to the "big picture".

Found out yesterday our station has started dynamic roads on Saturdays only and suppose to start in September full throttle..

LTFedExer

And this is easy. You hire a 4x10 "floater" to cover days off. That person gets first dibs on days off and runs a different route daily.
I used to run a 4/10 along with 4 others and a wheel. Day off went in seniority order, which I was 3rd. I took Wednesdays.
That's how my station does it. We have twelve 4x10's, and three swings (without swing pay of course) who cover four of the routes each on the days off for each.
The 3 'swings' you mention are wheels. They (assuming their used properly) only run the 4 routes they cover. THAT'S their route.