Pick ups

S

selfcancelsignal

The bar code on the sheet is just the first tracking number of the 4 packages on the page, so you're essentially just scanning a random package. :)
Good to know. Those books should be banned by now.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

S

selfcancelsignal

Every package is scanned at the center so scanning them on road is not necessary.

As I said above, we are asked to scan NDA's as we are having issues with airs being left on the cars.
Why are there so many blank spa's/pal's during preload scanning each morning?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Our center has been having a problem with airs being left on the cars so we are asked to scan any NDA's we pickup and have to write down the number that we pickup and unload.

We are instructed to unload all Air and Internationals when returning to the building. Is this not the case in your building?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are instructed to unload all Air and Internationals when returning to the building. Is this not the case in your building?

Yes but we have drivers who for some reason don't segregate all of their airs. They figure that since they get back to the bldg. an hour or more before the shuttle leaves to the airport that the sort has plenty of time to unload their cars.

S

selfcancelsignal

This usually happens when the sort is running late and they want to get us out the door. By this time the drivers are usually on the belt closing out their cars.
I mean when they scan them, there's actually a blank pal label on the pkg. & it has to be sent back to a clerk for correction so the preloaders can TRY to load it right.

S

selfcancelsignal

That means the address is not in the system.
But why? Just 'cause it wasn't scanned? You'd think w/ the technology all addresses would be in there. But you'd also think the technology would be good enough that if you scanned a parcel off area, you wouldn't have to key in all the address info.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Yes but we have drivers who for some reason don't segregate all of their airs. They figure that since they get back to the bldg. an hour or more before the shuttle leaves to the airport that the sort has plenty of time to unload their cars.

So what I'm reading is that your fellow drivers are lazy and don't feel they need to work as instructed.