picking up more hours as part time package handler?

dpearman

I've got a "group session" Wednesday morning after expressing interest in the part-time package handler position. I currently work full-time at a technology company, our logo is a fruit with a bite taken out of it if you know what I mean, and I'm just looking for a little more cash on the side in addition to giving me something to do. My question is, outside of the possible 4-8am or so, would I be able to pick up additional hours throughout the week? My shifts at my main job vary, so I'd be available some evenings as well.

Thanks,

Devin

GroundSwitcher

Depending on where you are, there is a possibility of getting extra hours after you have proven yourself to be an extraordinarily hard worker..
Where I work, people who can do whatever is needed are sometimes allowed to work the OTP shift (11pm-3am) when extra bodies are needed on that shift.
I would ask this question in your upcoming sort observation to get a more accurate answer though.
Good Luck

winglas

At my location you get all the extra hours you want, and some you dont. For some reason our facility is always under staffed...right now we are 9 short for the 5-10pm shift, and I know they are a couple short on the AM as well...They dont care if your an extraordinary worker, as long as your a warm body that can lift a package then they will take you. Although its never been quite this bad, being short handed has been a regular occurance for well over a year. Like GS said, it depends on where you work though.