Picking up your package from HUB.

15goodb

I am wondering if I can get my package from my HUB when it is there. Rather than having to wait for a driver to bring it to my place. Has anybody done that before, does anybody know?

UPSGUY72

Yes. Ask a SUP, clerk or dispatch person. or all three if you don't get the results you want from the first person.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

Are you a UPS employee or a customer? Either way you should be able to call and have the package held at the building for pickup. I have had Preloaders and Drivers that live on my delivery area ask me for theirs and I let them sign the DIAD for it. They just need to get a pass from the OMS so they can take it out the guard gate.

Indecisi0n

OMS can track the package in the morning to located the truck and spot number. Get the package out the truck but let the drive know you took it (leave note if you have to). Then get a pass before you leave at night.

oldngray

nowhere special
My center had a company that always picked up their packages in the morning. It was even looped to get sorted to bottom slide. Its is unusual but can be done.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My center had a company that always picked up their packages in the morning. It was even looped to get sorted to bottom slide. Its is unusual but can be done.
It is more common than you may think. We have several regulars who do this on a daily basis and one Avon queen who has her stuff held every Avon day. The PDS has the ability to assign holds either by tracking number or address for the same day or a future date. I had a customer ask me to put his stuff on hold for the following day and no sooner did I ask the PDS to do this he had it done. The OP does not appear to be a UPS employee so his best course of action is to call the toll free number and request a DCR. 1-800-742-5877.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I hate SDWC .
Do to some bad info given , many people think that if they call right after a del attempt is made , the driver will leave their area & return their pkg to the building pronto.
With many of our drivers being out til 9pm+ while the Customer Counter closes at 8pm , and the 800 number telling everyone to be there between 7:30 & 8pm , it makes for an impossible situation .

Indecisi0n

I hate SDWC .
Do to some bad info given , many people think that if they call right after a del attempt is made , the driver will leave their area & return their pkg to the building pronto.
With many of our drivers being out til 9pm+ while the Customer Counter closes at 8pm , and the 800 number telling everyone to be there between 7:30 & 8pm , it makes for an impossible situation .

I never use to mind going back or meeting a customer on road. Now there just isn't time for it. They want me to both break off and reattempt but also get back to the building before the customer counter closes because people are waiting for their packages. Service straight up sucks and there is almost nothing I can do about it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I never use to mind going back or meeting a customer on road. Now there just isn't time for it. They want me to both break off and reattempt but also get back to the building before the customer counter closes because people are waiting for their packages. Service straight up sucks and there is almost nothing I can do about it.

I would worry more about reattempting while on road as opposed to getting back to the bldg before the counter closes. The customers appreciate it more when you make a second attempt on the same day at their home rather than having to drive to the center and wait.