Pickup Compliance Time...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
So how come you didn't correct his use of the words "staight jacket" [sic]? It's "straitjacket". And it should have read "customers' needs", not "customers needs".

Now who's the one who doesn't sound so smart?
All of you?

Back on track. I think that idea of the unscheduled p/u's is a good one........irregardless of what you's other guyz think.:surprised:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Irreguard!
230253738_c3aeaedf29.jpg

tourists24

We've had pickup compliance standards here for a while, but they have left my run alone until now.... I have a double trip run with almost all businesses (mall route). The route varies so much so pickup times comes whenever I deliver since sometimes I am delivering the mall til 8pm or later. Well now pickup times have to be set in stone, so these customers now get their pickups between 4 and 5:15... nice to know when your pickup is but their delivery will be a couple hours after pickup.... more brilliant customer service... well, as long as the numbers look good

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
They've adjust several of my p/u's so that they are on area with this latest DIAD upgrade. I sent a message to the OMS asking her if she could make all of my p/u's on area. I haven't heard back from her yet.:dissapointed:

tourists24

They've adjust several of my p/u's so that they are on area with this latest DIAD upgrade. I sent a message to the OMS asking her if she could make all of my p/u's on area. I haven't heard back from her yet.:dissapointed:
does that mean that if you dont get the p/u at the same time every day it wont affect your %compliance? that is what they are so concerned about... they way I have changed it to adds over an hour each day

BROWN430

With our new diad upgrade u can no longer prerecord pickups. I have a pickup that closes at 4 p.m. and has 4 diff shipper accounts. They ship any where from 300 to 500 pairs of shoes a day. And no they are not all single pair boxes either. some of them are 50lbs. to 60lbs. a pieces.Anyway at the end of the month or the day before a holiday they always work over. Sometimes 2 or 3 hours. Since I am there I will stop complete at 4p.m. with the amount of pieces I have picked up and keep loading. I do what the customer needs me to do. They are the ones putting the money in my pocket. But I then have to leave to get the other 4 pickups that I have afterwards so I am compl. on them. Then I come back and load the rest of the shoes and do the end of day. That's really the only place I have a problem with compl. So at 4 I stop complete what I have picked up and come back after my other 4 pickups and finish the shoe stop. That way I am where I say I am.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Brown, is the P/U commit time in your P/U log 4 pm for this stop? If so, simply close the stop out when you make the first P/U and then edit the stop when you go back to close them out.

I have a similar P/U that I make an initial sweep and then come back after they are closed (we have the key) to pickup the rest. I close out the stop when I make the first sweep and then edit and scan the end of day when I come back.

STUG, making every stop AEPU defeats the purpose of the P/U compliance time.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There's a pickup on my route that insists that I get there before 4:15 "in case they are ready" but INSISTS I come no later than 4:25.

On Thursday, I arrived around 4:10pm and they were not close to ready. So I hung out for 3-4 minutes and took off and picked up 3 other stops. Arrived back at 4:25 and they were close to ready so I finished.

come Friday, I wasnt making the same mistake twice. I bypassed this stop and went around to 5 others between 4:05 and 4:20. I came back aroudn to this stop at 4:26pm and they were peeved that I arrived "late". In my board their time is 4:15pm, so I assumed that I complied with the pickup times.

So basically they want a 15 minute window (4:15-4:30) where I sit there and deal with them, whether they are ready or not, rather than go about my business and arrive there at 4:25-4:30.

Seems very frustrating that EVERY business wants a pickup time that revolves around them and will not settle for less when THEY know that I cannot be at all 6 places that want a pickup between 4 and 4:30.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sleeve, ask your OMS to change the commit time to 1630. This still puts you within the +/- 15. I would skip them, do the other pickups close by, and then go back to them at 1625-1630.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Sleeve, ask your OMS to change the commit time to 1630. This still puts you within the +/- 15. I would skip them, do the other pickups close by, and then go back to them at 1625-1630.

That is exactly what I did (came back 4:26 pm) and they complained I was not there at 4:15, at the precise pickup time, and basically said that was not acceptable.

The business closes at 4:30pm and "must be out the door by then".
Yet they cannot be ready earlier than 4:15, and sometimes not until 4:30.

When the previous day I was hanging around waiting at 4:10 so I left at 4:15 and got the others in the meantime and came back just before 4:30. They want the world and being new a new employee in their eyes they think I am gullible and easily influenced :p

The only thing I can think of is to wait at the stop and then let the supervisors wonder why i was there for 10-15 minutes and let them address it rather than confront the company giving us business.

browniehound

What I don't get is all the shenanigans being done over something so trivial as pick-up compliance?? If the customer does not care, why should UPS? I know its so BD can tell a pontential new customer what time we can be there, but there is a simple solution to this. Just have BD talk with the driver for 30 seconds before he makes the visit. Is that so hard? Then we can get rid of all the lying and cheating going on to make a number.

I mean what good is pickup compliance if nobody is really doing it? I think its worse to give BD these false numbers. It just makes their job harder!
God this company is screwed up. If it actually had to produce and sell a product it would have been out of business in 1917.

BROWN430

UPSTATE sounds like you do the same thing as I do. I just stop complete at 4 when the com. time is. Then if they are working over I go get my 4 other small pickups so they are in the comp. window. Then I'll come back and load the rest of the shoes and edit the pickup so it won't show up late. This pickup like I said before is 300 to 500 a day. They put alot of money in my pockets, so I will do what I have to do to make them happy. "The customer is always right" LMAO

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I mean what good is pickup compliance if nobody is really doing it?

I am at 100% compliance daily so I guess "someone" is doing it.

If it actually had to produce and sell a product it would have been out of business in 1917.

Our product is service--that is all we can sell and for a long time we were the best at it but, I do agree, we need to return our focus to customer service.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sleeve, it does sound as though they are taking advantage of the new kid. Stick to your guns but in a nice way but by no means hang around for 15 minutes--if you can go and complete those other pickups and still be back before they close that is what I would do.

happybob

Feeders
Sounds like a customer that thinks the work revolves around just them. Was always told that customers have a pickup window. Simply talk with your supervisor about the problem. Always was that you get there in that window, if they are not ready when you get there, you take what they have and let them know you can not guarantee them a second pickup before they close. Train your customers to understand they have one pickup, guanateed to be made in the window that they have been assigned. If they ask you to come back they need to make accomodations to have someone there when you return. They can have sombody wait, or leave the packages where the driver can get to them. See what your supervisor can do about this problem, don't do anything differant until you discuss it with him, and he discusses it with them.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
does that mean that if you dont get the p/u at the same time every day it wont affect your %compliance? that is what they are so concerned about... they way I have changed it to adds over an hour each day
On area is just that, you get it when you get there. I pick up the pkgs when I can, whether that is +15- or whnever. No one is complaining except the people looking at the computer printout.
With our new diad upgrade u can no longer prerecord pickups. I have a pickup that closes at 4 p.m. and has 4 diff shipper accounts. They ship any where from 300 to 500 pairs of shoes a day. And no they are not all single pair boxes either. some of them are 50lbs. to 60lbs. a pieces.Anyway at the end of the month or the day before a holiday they always work over. Sometimes 2 or 3 hours. Since I am there I will stop complete at 4p.m. with the amount of pieces I have picked up and keep loading. I do what the customer needs me to do. They are the ones putting the money in my pocket. But I then have to leave to get the other 4 pickups that I have afterwards so I am compl. on them. Then I come back and load the rest of the shoes and do the end of day. That's really the only place I have a problem with compl. So at 4 I stop complete what I have picked up and come back after my other 4 pickups and finish the shoe stop. That way I am where I say I am.
Why not just make this the last pick up in your board?

Brown, is the P/U commit time in your P/U log 4 pm for this stop? If so, simply close the stop out when you make the first P/U and then edit the stop when you go back to close them out.

I have a similar P/U that I make an initial sweep and then come back after they are closed (we have the key) to pickup the rest. I close out the stop when I make the first sweep and then edit and scan the end of day when I come back.

STUG, making every stop AEPU defeats the purpose of the P/U compliance time.
And? You give the customer what they want and they won't even bother shopping anywhere else.