Pickup Driver Scam

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

One of my customers told me about this today. Apparently, someone in a FedEx uniform, in a FedEx truck was making pickups and stealing everything.

They didn't know if it was Express or Ground (we're all the same to the rest of the world anyway), but it was supposedly happening up north.

Has anyone else heard this?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
One of my customers told me about this today. Apparently, someone in a FedEx uniform, in a FedEx truck was making pickups and stealing everything.

They didn't know if it was Express or Ground (we're all the same to the rest of the world anyway), but it was supposedly happening up north.

Has anyone else heard this?

No, but it wouldn't be hard to do. I've seen former Ground vehicles with most of the logo still present, and it wouldn't be hard to make a magnetic sign or even a reasonable fascimile out of paper. A lot of Home Delivery and Ground vehicles only have partial logos or nothing at all. You can buy uniforms on eBay or through your local Goodwill sometimes. It was hilarious a few years ago to see the bums downtown wearing FedEx jackets that some pissed-off former employee had donated. There were several managers running around downtown purchasing the items from the new owners. I know some couriers snapped some pics...too funny.

bbsam

Staff member
If it's easy to make the Ground logo, guess what? It's easy to make the Express logo. Hate to point out the obvious but....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If it's easy to make the Ground logo, guess what? It's easy to make the Express logo. Hate to point out the obvious but....

You don't even need a truck. All you've got to do is follow the driver around and grab everything they release. That happens a lot.

FedExer267

Hells Bells all you have to know is to drive around and look for post it notes on the door. I dont know why they didnt keep it to one notice because then everyone would think there was no package but when you make them very diffrent, crooks catch on. Lats year I was out delivering and the cops had a pickup pulled over. The camper shell was open and this thing was stuffed with packages lucky for me I had just got there so they didnt have any of mine. I asked one of the cops what was up they were following deliver drivers and looking for post it notes because they knew if there was one on the door there was a FedEx package.

BrownArmy

...It was hilarious a few years ago to see the bums downtown wearing FedEx jackets that some pissed-off former employee had donated...

My UPS center manager has a picture of this on his office wall...a homeless guy in a FedEx jacket pushing an overloaded shopping cart filled with whatever homeless types put in shopping carts.

My center manager is kind of a DB though...

FedExer267

My UPS center manager has a picture of this on his office wall...a homeless guy in a FedEx jacket pushing an overloaded shopping cart filled with whatever homeless types put in shopping carts.

My center manager is kind of a DB though...
Look closley at the picture is it a actual bum or a Ground driver.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Look closley at the picture is it a actual bum or a Ground driver.

Good one. LOL!!! The day I quit, I'm headed downtown with a big box of everything I've got that says FedEx on it and start passing them out. As a bonus, I'll offer them a choice of a can of Colt 45 or a bottle of Thunderbird if they put it on right away. The pictures and memories will be priceless.

bbsam

Staff member
Damn straight! Homeless people are funny! Bet they are all walking around talking to themselves in pseudo-announcer voices right now waiting to be discovered.:sick:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That might be a Ground driver on his lunch break trying to supplement his meager check. Also, is that a case of beer on the ground behind him? Did you notice the 2 cops there too? Wonder where this pic was taken. I wonder how he would "invest" the money if you gave him any? Perhaps that 12-pack is a small clue.

bbsam

Staff member
That might be a Ground driver on his lunch break trying to supplement his meager check. Also, is that a case of beer on the ground behind him? Did you notice the 2 cops there too? Wonder where this pic was taken. I wonder how he would "invest" the money if you gave him any? Perhaps that 12-pack is a small clue.
If that is a Ground driver, then behold thy future.