Picture of inside stuffed truck?

satellitedriver

True making top rate takes a bit, but honestly, I think getting
paid 1/2 of what a UPS driver gets paid, is fair since we are doing
half the work... and since I've been on both sides, my body and family already thank me for the change.

Oh yeah forgot about that, all the new ones are coming with
A/C cause. well its cheaper to order them that way, instead of custom ordering them without A/C

Shelfs that flip up are nice for those bulky days(occassionally I'll fill it with a bulk stop or two if I'm helping out)
I am glad for you.
I will just correct one thing you posted.
You are paid 1/2 of a UPS driver's pay, but you only do 1/3rd of the physical work of a Upser.
Box to dollar, you are higher paid.
Time is a precious thing,
spend it wisely with your family.
Best Regards,

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm glad my car doesn't look like that, it stinks to have to reload one first thing in the morning.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'll an updated pic here. I have a new loader since those old pics were taken. My new loader isn't that bad. Last week one day though they thought it was a bright idea and put someone else in my truck to load. I was pissed when I saw what I saw. Stuff in the back that belinged in the front and vice versa. Ray Charles could have loaded it better.

Here it is, sorry it's bllurry, but like I said I was pissed:

IMG00193.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
I'll an updated pic here. I have a new loader since those old pics were taken. My new loader isn't that bad. Last week one day though they thought it was a bright idea and put someone else in my truck to load. I was pissed when I saw what I saw. Stuff in the back that belinged in the front and vice versa. Ray Charles could have loaded it better.

IMG00193.jpg
any day I could see any part of the floor on my P800 was a GOOD day-- at least you had room to sort it yourself

Mike Hawk

They should offer money incentives as positive reinforcement, .50 an hour raise for meeting the 1/3000 misload goal, .50 for passing load quality audit. Thats $25 a week, equal to about 36 minutes of a drivers time (on overtime of course), stop for stop loading would probably save more than 36 minutes a week of sorting and running misloads.

sx2700

Banned
They should offer money incentives as positive reinforcement, .50 an hour raise for meeting the 1/3000 misload goal, .50 for passing load quality audit. Thats $25 a week, equal to about 36 minutes of a drivers time (on overtime of course), stop for stop loading would probably save more than 36 minutes a week of sorting and running misloads.

I think they should pay us a dollar for each package we handle.:greedy:

sx2700

Banned
These look like my loads everyday.
Why is this ever acceptable? I have never understood why ups pays me 40 something an hour to fix a mess that an 8 dollar per hour guy made. But it's their business let them run it the way they want.

Hmmm......Sounds like some sort of rocket science. An 8 dollar an hour guy up at 4am and people are surprised that they do a sub-par job. Instead of bitching about the preloader that probably couldn't care less because it is a crappy, low paying, part time job. How about bitching about the employer that is hiring these people and refusing to raise the wages thus attracting a better clientèle.

Floridacargocat

Floidacargocat if you work in a center that has PAS you WILL know whats coming to those preloaders, being in FL you should, its not hard to look at whats coming in.. stops, piece counts, where they going, if no PAS im sorry for bringing this up, A driver tired of hearing PRELOAD DRAMA, worked preload 10 years before 6 years of driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, we have. Hoewever, with due respect, only those cars with high unit numbers/multiples are provided so-called "bulk sheets". And you know what, despite all the electronic knowledge, sometimes those amounts are not coming for one reason or the other. The system still offers quite a little bit of improvement potential.
E.g., advance notice in the bulk sheet - among others - 10 units to customer ABC. No advice re size, so these 10 pieces can/ and do bulk out a car. They go to one of our best loaders, and even he - at the end of the day - is forced to leave them on the slide and wait for a final decision.
I maintain, that having the necessary size/volume knowledge of what is at the door will help in planning the car size and the entire operation.
I have asked an internal trainer if this information is available, and the surprising answer was: Yes, for billing, but not for operational purposes.
Dispatch planning is very crucial job which has a major impact on a smooth operation, but sometimes I am more than frustrated, that our loaders are putting boxes into the cars, which the drivers promptly throw out because addressee has moved (and it happens not onyl once, but twice).
If the system has the wrong information (and has not been corrected for one or the other reason), then we will have to work double. Is that smart?

W

westsideworma

IMG00193.jpg

We get some heavy bulked out package cars on my line but no truck ever looks like that. My loaders seem to take pride in what they do at least. Granted everyone has bad days but by and large the only thing that goes down the middle of our cars are RDR or RDL bulk stops via decently built walls (well usually decent as I said we all have our bad days haha). Sometimes if we get long tubes of carpet etc those will too, but on the floor not just sticking out of the the load.

Looks to me that your irreg drivers are late delivering or this preloader waits to the end to load them up.

That big U-line box makes me cringe...i have a package car that gets about 40 of those every other day...needless to say it sucks (though they do make nice walls).

partykid

Yes, we have. Hoewever, with due respect, only those cars with high unit numbers/multiples are provided so-called "bulk sheets". And you know what, despite all the electronic knowledge, sometimes those amounts are not coming for one reason or the other. The system still offers quite a little bit of improvement potential.
E.g., advance notice in the bulk sheet - among others - 10 units to customer ABC. No advice re size, so these 10 pieces can/ and do bulk out a car. They go to one of our best loaders, and even he - at the end of the day - is forced to leave them on the slide and wait for a final decision.
I maintain, that having the necessary size/volume knowledge of what is at the door will help in planning the car size and the entire operation.
I have asked an internal trainer if this information is available, and the surprising answer was: Yes, for billing, but not for operational purposes.
Dispatch planning is very crucial job which has a major impact on a smooth operation, but sometimes I am more than frustrated, that our loaders are putting boxes into the cars, which the drivers promptly throw out because addressee has moved (and it happens not onyl once, but twice).
If the system has the wrong information (and has not been corrected for one or the other reason), then we will have to work double. Is that smart?
I was jus trying to help not make anyone mad, not sure what you call a bulk sheet but our center "prolly the same thing" EVERY preloader gets pages of detailed info of every truck they load as to what is coming to them, actual stops, number of packages per stop, piece count, an forecasted... add cuts to help them load correctly which i think is smart think'n of our higher ups.... didnt have ED, an PAS when i loaded for 10 years, you should complain on the "company's behalf" if you were a suit an tie to get sheets not jus on a bulk run but every run, if not i'd complain anyway.. "NO REASON WHAT SO EVER" should a truck look like these pics, full yes, messy NO!!!!!

Mike Hawk

What’s this sheet you get partykid? We only sometimes get a bulk sheet with most stops over 15 packages, we sometimes get it and it is sometimes accurate. Add/cut forecast would be nice, no need to load the stuff that you know will come off at the end of the day.

FromBluetoBrown

Those bulk sheets that they give out are worthless in my opinion. It only counts entire shipments so if one company sends out 35 boxes it will show up as 35 boxes. So you get that in the morning and you think ok 125 Blue Street only has 35 today. What that sheet doesn't tell you is that one company sent out 5 boxes, another sent out 5 more, another sent out 10 (my sup only prints out anything over 20 boxes) so right there you have 55 boxes. I come in and I look on the computer at the dispatch for my trucks before I start loading and I can get a feel for how my morning is going to be.

code5

We have a driver sort and there has been many of the day that I not only cubed the back of my P7, but fill up the front as well! Yes, I know that is not right but out of desperation due to a lack of staff, it was easier than double tripping which I didn't have time for.

Its getting better though, now I can throw out a couple bulk stops per day and know they won't be there the next day.