Pictures from the old days?

I wish we still used those. They were in circulation when I started driving in 96. So easy and simple, especially for the customer. The worst ones we had were the bilingual ones. Bad enough when they cram so much info on the ones now but the bilingual ones were an inch taller and crammed with all the info TWICE!! Sucked!!
Sorry to jump off track. Did you know the driver that got in that really bad accident in your district. I was told it was in your bldg. If so is he ok.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Sorry to jump off track. Did you know the driver that got in that really bad accident in your district. I was told it was in your bldg. If so is he ok.

If it was this week then I have no knowledge of it yet as I have been on vacation. I will find out tomorrow though. I'm surprised on one would have let me know though. My informants are usually pretty good about that stuff.

reydluap

This is a photo that shows the style of my old P400, (0r is it a P32?) (#49505).
Vintage 1964 Ford UPS United Parcel Service Truck Step Van Original Slide | eBay

Last edited:

reydluap

And here is a photo of the P400 type I also drove. (#66550).
UPS United Parcel Mechanic Maintenance Dept Service Truck 1992 Original Slide | eBay

slantnosechevy

UPS United Parcel Mechanic Maintenance Dept Service Truck 1992 Original Slide | eBay
b

Those pics bring back some memories. One of my first was the 49000 4-cube with the selection tray. Bulk head closed only on the highway or when I left the car for lunch. No governer or emissions on the motor......it would fly. Shook a little above 85. Drove a couple 65000 4's too. Wish we had bumpers like that now for the idiot cell phone drivers.

If it was this week then I have no knowledge of it yet as I have been on vacation. I will find out tomorrow though. I'm surprised on one would have let me know though. My informants are usually pretty good about that stuff.
It happened in early march week ending the 9th. Truck was so bad all was left was the tires, frame and the seat.

reydluap

Here are a few things I've collected over the years. Anyone remember this hat? Or the stick pins from the 50's? The pin of the UPS man was given out around the 50 year anniversary of UPS (so I've been told).
100_1165.jpg
100_1167.jpg

oldupsman

This is a photo that shows the style of my old P400, (0r is it a P32?) (#49505).
Vintage 1964 Ford UPS United Parcel Service Truck Step Van Original Slide | eBay

The first one is what we called the P-300. Although I think ours were Internationals. So it probably isn't the exact same car.
The second is an older P-400. At least to me. The ones I used to drive were Chevys. They were a bit more longer with the front
end being a bit rounder. Basically it was shaped like a bullet on wheels. I think they were from the late 60's.
Great pics though. Thanks.