Pieces per hour

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If you're not working for the driver then who are you working for?

Preloading is not meant to be a 30 year career.
Spoken like an off the street hire. I load for my drivers and do my best to accommodate them, but when push comes to shove, I work for my center manager....and their directions supersede a driver's.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I believe that is Western or Southwest language from 2007. 70 working days in 6 months. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, or corroborate.
THE WESTERN REGION
OF TEAMSTERS
UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
SUPPLEMENTAL AGREEMENT
AGREEMENT REACHED FOR THE
ELEVEN (11) WESTERN STATES OF
ALASKA, ARIZONA,

ARTICLE 4 – SENIORITY

SECTION 1 - PROBATIONARY PERIOD/TRIAL PERIOD

(c) - PROBATIONARY PERIOD (PART-TIME)

A new part-time employee shall attain seniority when he/she has

worked seventy (70) days within a six (6) consecutive month period.

Prior to attaining seniority, as defined in this Section, the

employee shall be considered a probationary employee and may be

discharged without such discharge being subject to the grievance

procedure. However, the Employer shall not discharge or otherwise

discipline a probationary employee for purposes of evading the

terms of this provision or to discriminate against Union members.

Upon completion of the probationary period, the employee shall be

given a seniority date as of his/her first day worked within such six

(6) month period.

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
you'll notice that you FT manager won't tell you negative things to your face often.. Everything trickles downhill at UPS, just like :censored2:.

The preload doesn't hit their numbers, so the district management chews out your FT, the FT chews out your shift manager, they chew out your PT sup, and your PT chews you out...

Your PT sup is a maroon, all management sees is numbers and the actual challenges of the job aren't truly appreciated, they just boil it down to "300 pph and you wouldn't have this problem." To them all we load is boxes full of feathers and we're olympic track athletes, and all we need to do is simply work faster.. DUH!!

I agree that you should do what you must to squeak through your probationary period, and then just make your money and let you PT's sit and spin.

DrewKane

As a preloader I feel there is a fine line between keeping the drivers happy (custom loads) which I get yelled at by sups, and keeping the sups off my back.
If all else fails just the box is really your boss and I just follow the labels.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you're not working for the driver then who are you working for?

Preloading is not meant to be a 30 year career.
If you read my post, I said " I work for myself by selling my labor to UPS"
And there are FT preloaders all around UPS, who have FT pensions just like yours...I was one of them..your mind wrap around that idea, yet?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If I was on the preload loading package cars, I would care less what any drivers have to say about my load quality. If there's anything I've learned since becoming an adult is it's a dog eat dog world.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I was on the preload loading package cars, I would care less what any drivers have to say about my load quality. If there's anything I've learned since becoming an adult is it's a dog eat dog world.

If you loaded my pkg car and didn't care about load quality you would either be reassigned or you and I would have a very one-sided conversation on the belt.

This is my career, not a dead end PT job.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you loaded my pkg car and didn't care about load quality you would either be reassigned or you and I would have a very one-sided conversation on the belt.

How would you make me resign? And I would just ignore you and keep working. And if you piss me off, then I would even load your truck even worse on purpose.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Lmao...point me in the direction of another company I can make $20+ an hour...5 paids weeks off a year plus holidays, a pension and free health insurance??? Riiigght.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
One more old man joke, and I'll have you reassigned...:rofl:
48436074.jpg
:)

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

How would you make me resign? And I would just ignore you and keep working. And if you piss me off, then I would even load your truck even worse on purpose.

w00t!!

Catfight!!