Piling on resi because it's resi

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You think the drivers don't see the numbers? You don't think my BA doesn't see the numbers? You obviously never sat in panel hearings with good evidence.

I've seen dispatches by their own standards set at 11-12 hr planned days. And they don't change it. Close to a 100 drivers in my center and probably 40% get sent out over 10 hrs on their "planned" day.

And the fact that YOU spend most your days printing reports and living and dying by the numbers shows your experience is limited between reality and what the expected fantasy is. And yes Orion jacks everything up because it was implemented incorrectly. Without any real input from the people on the ground.

You don't think it's not a corporate objective to load up everybody and then cut cut cut routes? It actually serves a few corporate objectives. It eventually breaks the older higher paid guys and hurts or retires them early and it makes the younger runners work faster to get off early at less then full rate.

It's being encouraged from the top down otherwise you would see the behavior change after filing 9/5 in the amounts being filed nationally.

You might not think it's happening but guess what?
It's happening and it's being encouraged.
Yeah, even in our building, each center's (four total) SPC and planned days vary greatly. I honestly could never get a hold of exactly why it is. Some centers probably have "poor" numbers, relatively, while their drivers aren't ridiculous over-dispatched. Maybe the ones with the most cut routes and highest SPC/planned days are the ones which perform the worst? Heck if Iknow. I've driven out of and worked in a few buildings and many centers, have seen some wide variances though....some of it's driven by the particular DM and center manager

Grey

Pretty much everyone is, even if you're permanent cover if you cover the same route for a week. It's a little harder than those of us with routes, but doable.

We have over 30 swing drivers. Guys under 4 years rarely even win vacation bids.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
All I can say is get on the 9.5 list asap. I was getting 10-11 hour planned days and this is after major knee surgery. I tried talking to the dispatcher with no success. I tried talking to my on cars with no success. Finally I got our steward involved and surprise surprise my planned day is workable.

JL 0513

There is more to life than money.

I don't know why this sentiment has to get posted everyday.

Of course money isn't everything but just about everything requires it. The major thing people would say is more important in life than money is of course family, friends, and God (if you are a believer). The only thing worse than being poor and alone though is being poor and having a family to support.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't know why this sentiment has to get posted everyday.

Of course money isn't everything but just about everything requires it. The major thing people would say is more important in life than money is of course family, friends, and God (if you are a believer). The only thing worse than being poor and alone though is being poor and having a family to support.

I post it as needed to bring perspective to the conversation.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

It's what you do with your money that makes it crucial. Yes there is more to life than money but if you aren't making it and being smart with it, life becomes harder. It is all about priorities.

People lose sight in the pursuit so yes perspective is good. But if a person doesn't have work ethic while they are still able to work and earn, then life becomes terrible.

Happiness is having the freedom to live within the boundaries of your life with what you work hard for.
Because one day you won't be able to work so get it all organized now.

At least that's my plan

JL 0513

Most of us understand the importance of balance in life.
Working 45-50 hrs a week with weekends off is a very reasonable lifestyle especially with the financially comfortable income that comes with it. An income that provides fun weekends and vacations with your family. While the non working class gets to do nothing in their hell hole living conditions. I know plenty of people who have worked upwards of 80 hrs a week with no weekends to show for it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I went shopping on Saturday:

images

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
All I can say is get on the 9.5 list asap. I was getting 10-11 hour planned days and this is after major knee surgery. I tried talking to the dispatcher with no success. I tried talking to my on cars with no success. Finally I got our steward involved and surprise surprise my planned day is workable.

The Employer will treat employees

with dignity and respect at all times, which shall include, but not be

limited to, giving due consideration to the age and physical condition

of the employee. Article 37 section 1 of contract which can be grieved.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We have over 30 swing drivers. Guys under 4 years rarely even win vacation bids.
Geez, you have to bid to cover someone's vacation week there? Only 2 cover drivers can run my route. If they were to both book off on a day I was out a sup would have to run it (poorly) with a random cover guy.

When I was a cover guy (and I've toyed with the idea of giving up my route and going back to being a cover/swing guy in a nicer area/center) I was regularly on a route for at least a week at a time. I knew about 8-10 routes and most of them were high seniority guys who had a lot of weeks. One guy took 6 weeks in January/February each year so I was basically on his route for most of the winter. One route I was on everyday for 6 months because the guy was out on comp. With the most recent contract, a cover of that length would have to be bid among the cover guys.

When there was a week where none of the routes I knew were open for the whole week, they'd usually call a guy with about 12 years in who they knew would take dead days and I'd do the route for 3 days of the week and he'd come in for 2. This happened so many times the businesses started calling it my route.