Pilot letter to the editor

Disgruntled2

One pilot's view.

FedEx compensation issue misses fine points - The Commercial Appeal 9/28/14, 1:15 PM

http://www.commercialappeal.com/opi...r/fedex-compensation-issue-misses-fine-points Page 1 of 3

FedEx&compensation&issue

misses&fine&points

POSTED:&12:00 AM, Sep 28, 2014

Gordon Bryan

Germantown

“Holding Pattern,” on your Sept. 24 front page, blindly reported every crew member “salary”

number offered by a FedEx corporate communications hack without the first bit of fact

checking on your part.

There is a world of difference between “salary” and “total compensation.” Please tell us what

was included in the FedEx figures. Do these reported numbers include any scheduled days

off worked at the company’s request? Compensation for crew members who canceled their

vacations and worked extra days for the company? Oh, you didn’t ask those questions?

I consider myself as loyal and dedicated to the success of FedEx as anyone. It has been my

pleasure for 30 years and 10 months to work alongside the world’s best aircraft maintenance

technicians, ramp agents, loading crews and other work groups that have kept my backside

safe every time I have entered a FedEx airplane.

We all relish the opportunity to work smarter and quicker each day or night. The flight

crews at FedEx Express literally work tens of thousand of extra days a year — at the

company’s request — to keep the freight moving, then their employer wants to throw this in

their face and publicly complain about their income.

FedEx compensation issue misses fine points - The Commercial Appeal 9/28/14, 1:15 PM

http://www.commercialappeal.com/opi...r/fedex-compensation-issue-misses-fine-points Page 2 of 3

If the flight crews and every other work group mentioned did not all work extra days on an

ongoing basis to keep the business absolutely, positively overnight, “The World on Time” on

the side of every purple and white airplane would have to be changed to read “The World In

A Couple of Days.”

Go to the Summary Compensation Table, page 37, of the 2014 Annual Meeting of

Stockholders stock proxy and report what is on that table.

I’ll defend every nickel every FedEx crew member makes to anyone, inside or outside

FedEx. The reputation of the entire company was made with those airplanes, the men and

women who operate them, and all the associated work groups at FedEx.

To see FedEx always take the low road is always disappointing, but totally expected.

Attachments

• FedEx compensation issue misses fine points - The Commercial Appeal.pdf
    91.3 KB · Views: 293

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
One pilot's view.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/opi...r/fedex-compensation-issue-misses-fine-points Page 1 of 3

FedEx&compensation&issue

misses&fine&points

POSTED:&12:00 AM, Sep 28, 2014

Gordon Bryan

Germantown

“Holding Pattern,” on your Sept. 24 front page, blindly reported every crew member “salary”

number offered by a FedEx corporate communications hack without the first bit of fact

checking on your part.

There is a world of difference between “salary” and “total compensation.” Please tell us what

was included in the FedEx figures. Do these reported numbers include any scheduled days

off worked at the company’s request? Compensation for crew members who canceled their

vacations and worked extra days for the company? Oh, you didn’t ask those questions?

I consider myself as loyal and dedicated to the success of FedEx as anyone. It has been my

pleasure for 30 years and 10 months to work alongside the world’s best aircraft maintenance

technicians, ramp agents, loading crews and other work groups that have kept my backside

safe every time I have entered a FedEx airplane.

We all relish the opportunity to work smarter and quicker each day or night. The flight

crews at FedEx Express literally work tens of thousand of extra days a year — at the

company’s request — to keep the freight moving, then their employer wants to throw this in

their face and publicly complain about their income.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/opi...r/fedex-compensation-issue-misses-fine-points Page 2 of 3

If the flight crews and every other work group mentioned did not all work extra days on an

ongoing basis to keep the business absolutely, positively overnight, “The World on Time” on

the side of every purple and white airplane would have to be changed to read “The World In

A Couple of Days.”

Go to the Summary Compensation Table, page 37, of the 2014 Annual Meeting of

Stockholders stock proxy and report what is on that table.

I’ll defend every nickel every FedEx crew member makes to anyone, inside or outside

FedEx. The reputation of the entire company was made with those airplanes, the men and

women who operate them, and all the associated work groups at FedEx.

To see FedEx always take the low road is always disappointing, but totally expected.

Compared to us, the pilots have it very good, but even they complain about the dishonesty of FedEx. I notice how he kind of tosses the "associated work groups" in with the godly flight crews, but they don't really give a crap about us. As others have said, in any labor action undertaken by hourlies, we can be assured of zero support from the pilots.

Our low wages and lousy benefits have propped-up their outstanding pay and benefits. I have yet to have a pilot say anything to me about their pension or benefits except that they are "different" from every other work group.

I'll start worrying about the pilots when they show some support for the rest of us.