Pilots - Here we go!

susiedriver

Danny,

I believe that Randy 'Duke' Cunningham has already pleaded guilty:
http://news.findlaw.com/wp/docs/crim/uscnnghm112805plea.pdf

His resignation speech showed some class, at least. Perhaps some of the others under investigation in the Abramoff scandal will step forward and do the right thing.

Here's his speech, worth reading, IMHO:

I am resigning from the House of Representatives because Ive compromised the trust of my constituents. When I announced several months ago that I would not seek re-election, I publicly declared my innocence because I was not strong enough to face the truth. So, I misled my family, staff, friends, colleagues, the public -- even myself. For all of this, I am deeply sorry.
The truth is -- I broke the law, concealed my conduct, and disgraced my high office. I know that I will forfeit my freedom, my reputation, my worldly possessions, and most importantly, the trust of my friends and family.
Some time ago, I asked my lawyers to inform the U.S. Attorney Carol Lam that I would like to plead guilty and begin serving a prison term. Today is the culmination of that process. I will continue to cooperate with the governments ongoing investigation to the best of my ability.
In my life, I have known great joy and great sorrow. And now I know great shame. I learned in Viet Nam that the true measure of a man is how he responds to adversity. I cannot undo what I have done. But I can atone. I am now almost 65 years old and, as I enter the twilight of my life, I intend to use the remaining time that God grants me to make amends.
The first step in that journey is to admit fault and apologize. The next step is to face the consequences of my actions like a man. Today, I have taken the first step and, with Gods grace, I will soon take the second.
Thank you.

moreluck

golden ticket member
No class involved....the guy comes clean after he's cornered. He knew he broke the law way back when and that's when he should've admitted his crime.....cried a bunch of crocodile tears in my view.

ok2bclever

I Re Member
Sheesh! You retired people (and one useless suit) have so much time on your hands.

I'm going to have to let you carry on with the name calling, inane posts totally off the actual thread subject and general denegrading all who don't think exactly like the two of you two canoodling sweethearts.

I'll continue to try to answer questions by any of the more reasonable forum members here involving the company violating the contract when possible (although remember much of the contract is in hibernation during the next month), but it's peak for those of us not retired.

In brief, just consider my answer "tie you are a lying maroon" and "danny, I'm disappointed in you" for anything they are likely to say during the next month. :cool:

PS - If flaming becomes verboten again at some point this month please disregard the "danny I'm disappointed in you" response.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Flame away, Ive got fire proof pants on. Susie sent them to me via the postal service. (notice me trying to be nice in response?)

As for you being disappointed, deal with it. Life is full of disappointments.

When you finally learn there are more than just your union view to an issue, we can discuss issues intelligently

Have a good vacation!

d

ups79

ok2b-you are the reason I quit posting. Hell, I have no opinion that makes sense to you and you seem to know it all anyway.

susiedriver

Moreluck,

Please notice I said his resignation speech showed some class, not 'Duke' himself. Let him rot in jail. I've been following his case for some time, and he should get the full 10 years.

Ok2b,

You are probably the only person here that has a good handle on the contract, I would hope you continue to post. I still have nightmares about Ups; I know the next 4 weeks are hell, but they will pass. Just make sure you are out of hours Christmas week so you can enjoy a rare Christmas Eve with your family. My husband and I no longer even celebrate Christmas, too many years of bad memories.

Back On Thread,

In the meantime, the pilots deserve whatever they can get, and I hope they get as much as they can now. UPS will put off as long as they can and obfuscate the issues as much as possible.

I'm afraid that when the Teamster contract comes due, it will be a 'take away', rather than any gains. UPS has not done right by the hourly employees, and there is no reason to think they will be inclined to do right in the future.

DS

Fenderbender
NO Christmas?

Is it that bad Suzie that at the one time of year that brings us all together you`d come out with the we dont celebrate Christmas thing? You could be neighborly and enjoy christmas for what it really is,affluence and eating way too many macaroons

tieguy

Banned
susiedriver said:
Ok2b,

"You are probably the only person here that has a good handle on the contract, I would hope you continue to post."

Translation . You are the only one on this message board that will support me.

I still have nightmares about Ups; I know the next 4 weeks are hell, but they will pass. Just make sure you are out of hours Christmas week so you can enjoy a rare Christmas Eve with your family. My husband and I no longer even celebrate Christmas, too many years of bad memories.

I know peaks a tough time but you never got a rush out of being Santa Claus during peak?

"In the meantime, the pilots deserve whatever they can get, and I hope they get as much as they can now. UPS will put off as long as they can and obfuscate the issues as much as possible."

And that means what. That we are not allowed to have a debate on what their worth is on the free market or what their worth is to UPS? UPS is also not allowed to have an opinion on what they think they should pay or what they should agree to? And what? Any delays in a settlement have to be the company "obfuscating" the issues therefore absolving the pilots negotiators of any responsibility in getting this thing settled?

I'm afraid that when the Teamster contract comes due, it will be a 'take away', rather than any gains.

And I am afraid a meteorite may fall on my car when I am driving down the road but I don't worry about it because it rarely happens.

UPS has not done right by the hourly employees, and there is no reason to think they will be inclined to do right in the future

Really they haven't. So your point would be we have full time career drivers making 5 dollars an hour with no paid time off , no benifits and no retirement. Oh yes this is where you tell me the union forced ups to do all this. To illustrate this point you should then look to the non-union employees of UPS to see how ups abuses those workers who have no union fighting for them. Lets see non-union clerks earn vacation weeks much sooner then union employees. Non-union clerks also get an hour of meal/ break but half of theirs is paid. Non-union clerks also have a 401 K plan but they get a 3 percent match on thiers. And non-union clerks have a solid retirement plan. this does seem to discredit the argument that the company would not have compensated its people well without the union. The nice thing about the union is you do have someone hopefully negotiating features that you would prefer to have as part of your compensation package vs company dictated incentives. At the same time they also negotiate items that may be better for the union than the individual. The monies paid into the retirement fund vs a 3 percent match on your 401 K would be one example. To tell a pilot that makes 200 grand a year that the company would not do right by him/her is definitely a hell of a stretch.

S

speeddemon

Our union is useless. We have grievances that are from JANUARY that have not been heard. Our BA will not come by our building. Mobile will not return our call. Thanks for the backup. USELESS.

susiedriver

tie said:
Really they haven't. So your point would be we have full time career drivers making 5 dollars an hour with no paid time off , no benifits and no retirement.
How about the medical for Teamster retirees covered under the UPS plan? Wasn't that raised from about $50/month to about $500/month?