Pilots protest!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I never liked Hoffa. IMO he always had his best interest at heart.
That being said, we are hundreds of times better off having the teamsters, than not having them.
Fed Ex employees would be too, if you guys would just fight to unionize.

RLA...the Kryptonite that keeps FedEx Express hourlies non-union. FedEx pilots are a much smaller workgroup, centrally located (most are domiciled in Memphis), and generally much better educated about exercising their rights. Having a skillset that isn't easily or quickly replaceable also gives them an edge in negotiations.

You understand very little about the anti-union kingdom Fred S has established or how the Teamsters won't even answer emails or phone calls from Express employees. Without a nation-wide campaign, it won't ever happen.

Typical Republican. You enjoy union benefits and pay, but you support a political party that hates unions as a matter of principle. That's truly being conflicted, and also a hypocrite.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
RLA...the Kryptonite that keeps FedEx Express hourlies non-union. FedEx pilots are a much smaller workgroup, centrally located (most are domiciled in Memphis), and generally much better educated about exercising their rights. Having a skillset that isn't easily or quickly replaceable also gives them an edge in negotiations.

You understand very little about the anti-union kingdom Fred S has established or how the Teamsters won't even answer emails or phone calls from Express employees. Without a nation-wide campaign, it won't ever happen.

Typical Republican. You enjoy union benefits and pay, but you support a political party that hates unions as a matter of principle. That's truly being conflicted, and also a hypocrite.
Sounds like the excuse that a coward would give.
Not willing to fight?
And by the way, I am not a Republican.

Fed Ex seems to be filled with people like you. No wonder you guys have never got close to unionize.

MAKAVELI

Not willing to fight?

Fed Ex seems to be filled with people like you. No wonder you guys have never got close to unionize.
Do you think UPS would be union if covered by RLA rules and not NLRA? And was the first organizing campaign for UPS accomplished without the teamsters support?

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

Not willing to fight?

What exactly have you fought for at UPS? Are you willing to lose your job for a cause? You are the definition of a republican. A hypocrite who is all talk and no action.

realbrown1

What exactly have you fought for at UPS? Are you willing to lose your job for a cause? You are the definition of a republican. A hypocrite who is all talk and no action.
Uh, strike in '97. UPS tried to take control of our pension, and we said no. I was on that picket line every day.
And no matter how much you want it to be true, I am not a registered Republican.

realbrown1

Until Democrats get control of both houses and the presidency AND REFUSE BRIBES FROM CERTAIN COMPANIES the current rules will make it pretty much impossible to get a union in.
Democrats had control of both houses of Congress for 4 years with a Democrat president and you are still in the same boat.
Stop complaining about OTHER PEOPLE and start organizing you brother Fed Ex employees now.
It won't ever happen by some force from outside Fed Ex, it has to come from the employees.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not willing to fight?

No, it is reality. If you're not GOP, then you must be Libertarian judging from your "Current Events" posts. Fighting FedEx under the current system gets you fired, hence WAD and the hope that the IBT wakes-up to the fact that Express employees will vote for a union.

Like I said, you re clueless as to how Express operates and the anti-union culture/environment.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Democrats had control of both houses of Congress for 4 years with a Democrat president and you are still in the same boat.
Stop complaining about OTHER PEOPLE and start organizing you brother Fed Ex employees now.
It won't ever happen by some force from outside Fed Ex, it has to come from the employees.

Again, you do not understand the way FedEx works. RLA+ Right To Work States+Getting Fired if you breathe the word"union" make for a difficult environment. I agree that the Dems blew their opportunity, but Fred S has plenty of them paid-off too.

vantexan

The Democrats had control of both houses with a Democrat President for two years. The "Express Employees Relief Act" was an attachment to the FAA bill that would have put us under the NLRA, gotten us away from the Railroad Labor Act, and allowed us to vote for a union by location instead of a national vote. Our company contributed millions to Democrat campaign funds and the Democrats kept delaying the vote on the FAA bill. End result was the Republicans took over the House in 2010 election, and not only removed the attachment but got a compromise with Democrats that required a 50% signing of union cards to force a national vote instead of the then 35% requirement. Democrats agreed, FAA bill got finally passed, and Teamsters walked away from us because under these conditions it's impossible to get a national vote. We have too many employees who are content with their pay and leery of unions. It's not the cowardice of the members of this forum that's holding us back, WE are the ones who actively talked with coworkers before 2010. No matter what you think you just aren't aware of the hurdles put in place by anti-union forces that we can't legally overcome. I'm too old to give a damn anymore, it'll have to come from younger people if it ever happens.

MAKAVELI

Uh, strike in '97. UPS tried to take control of our pension, and we said no. I was on that picket line every day.
And no matter how much you want it to be true, I am not a registered Republican.
Uh your strike was done with the protection of your job with a union contract and representation that was in place decades before you started at UPS. As stated, Casey invited the teamsters in and NLRA rules make for an easier way into an anti union company such as FedEx. This is why the teamsters are organizing our Freight division. Which eventually could start a national campaign to organize Express. Striking and organizing are two completely different actions. I have been a part of an organizing campaign and it is a long grueling process where you put your job on the line to get your coworkers to join the fight for union representation. Something us employees cannot simply do on our own without the teamsters. So instead of being a troll and trying to belittle us, you should be helping the teamsters organize us. A smart person would understand that having the two biggest companies in the industry union would only strengthen your bargaining power.

Last edited:

realbrown1

Uh your strike was done with the protection of your job with a union contract and representation that was in place decades before you started at UPS. As stated, Casey invited the teamsters in and NLRA rules make for an easier way into an anti union company such as FedEx. This is why the teamsters are organizing our Freight division. Which eventually could start a national campaign to organize Express. Striking and organizing are two completely different actions. I have been a part of an organizing campaign and it is a long grueling process where you put your job on the line to get your coworkers to join the fight for union representation. Something us employees cannot simply do on our own without the teamsters. So instead of being a troll and trying to belittle us, you should be helping the teamsters organize us. A smart person would understand that having the two biggest companies in the industry union would only strengthen your bargaining power.
What protection of our jobs did we have? We were on strike. Meaning we walked off our jobs for to protect our pension.
Please tell me what "JOB PROTECTION" I had?

White Line

Oh yes of course the pilots need more money too, yeah flying these new glass cockpit aircraft that practically fly themselves is such a difficult task, oh my how do they keep from over exerting themselves! Yeah see it used to be you actually had a captain, co pilot, flight engineer and a navigator, and it used to be that a flight engineer and a co pilot worth their salt made the difference between a connie or a dc7 getting off the ground or not, because a effed up air and fuel mixture could mean the difference between a Wright 3350 either coughing to life or imploding on the tarmac and the aircraft being grounded (back when pilots were pilots and flight crews were flight crews), but by all means pay these modern day pilots more, I mean my god monitoring computers that monitor those turbo fans and flight/navigation systems must be a daunting task, hopefully the FO doesn't get a paper cut from the flight plan, oh wait a minute I think flight plan is on the computer too.

dezguy

Holy run on sentence, Batman!

If the pilots can get more money, good on them. Try to get as much as you can when you can get it. If you were making $50/hour and had a chance to increase that to $55/hour would you turn it down? Of course not!

Don't be jealous of the pilots because they are able to stand up to FedEx.

White Line

Holy run on sentence, Batman!

If the pilots can get more money, good on them. Try to get as much as you can when you can get it. If you were making $50/hour and had a chance to increase that to $55/hour would you turn it down? Of course not!

Don't be jealous of the pilots because they are able to stand up to FedEx.
I am not jealous dezguy, I just wanted to share with the board how stupid pilots are these days because of technology, is that such a bad thing, and no I don't mean that they are stupid people in general, but compared to their old school counterparts, todays pilots are morons.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What protection of our jobs did we have? We were on strike. Meaning we walked off our jobs for to protect our pension.
Please tell me what "JOB PROTECTION" I had?

You are amazing. How exactly would UPS replace all of you? Your "heroics" were just part of the bargaining process. It's a lot easier to walk away when you have a union, but you can't figure that out, which doesn't surprise me all.