Pit Bull in my face

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
She was in my space and in my face.

She tried to crawl into my lap but the steering wheel got in the way.

Vicious dog!
pretty pitbull 3.jpg
pretty pitbull 4.jpg
pretty pitbull 5.jpg

soberups

How did u ever survive such a vicious attack?????

This dog is basically a toungue with a 65 lb pit bull attached to it. When I go to that stop I pretty much need a towel to dry my face off with by the time I am done.

She hears the truck from 1/4 mile away, and if the door is open she jumps in while I am still backing up. She is in my lap before I can even get the engine shut off.

Its pretty brutal.

D

Dis-organized Labor

A UPS Driver came to my door on the third day of the month one time.

I can't forget that!

I'm sure it was a Sunday when we were watching the New Orleans Saints play against the Houston Oilers.

The boorbell rang and I spontaneously yelled: RELEASE!

It ended up as a Driver Release

finaddict

Beautiful dog. You must have treats. I carried the good stuff...Snausages! The dogs on my run associated UPS truck noise with treats and of course the guy in brown in the truck so I had to keep one in the shirt pocket also in case I got caught between the house and the truck. Cover drivers knew the location of the treats and to expect anxious dogs. Its the small things in life that make it worthwile.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Is that a trailer hitch bungee'd in on the right side of the cab?
yes it is. to keep it from rattling as you drive. the pin holds it in place, but it has some movement in it that gets anoying after a while. bungee to the rescue.....

sober, i would much rather have one be brutal like that, then to demand i take a close look so see if those bones he has been chewing on has removed the tartar........

d

UPSGUY72

Well it can't be that bad if it was you would shut the doors before you got to the stop. I have had stops that you close the doors of your package car before you go there and bag the package and leave it in the driveway.

Johney

yes it is. to keep it from rattling as you drive. the pin holds it in place, but it has some movement in it that gets anoying after a while. bungee to the rescue.....

d
Why not leave it on the back of the car? That's what they all do here until backing up to the belt at night.

soberups

Why not leave it on the back of the car? That's what they all do here until backing up to the belt at night.

If I leave it in back it takes up space on the shelf or rolls around on the floor, and I have to open the door to get to it when I hook the trailer up. Its a lot quicker and easier to get to it if the receptacle is bolted to the floor in the cab.

soberups

What a beauty, Sober. I like Pits and I would spoil her endlessly.

This particular pit bull had been abandoned at an animal shelter before the current owners rescued it.

It craves human affection and has no aggressive instincts at all. The new owners live in the country and they have another pit bull, as well as several cats and a bunch of chickens that run around the place. The dog gets along well with all of them.

The first time I met this dog, after I completed the delivery and was done petting her, I drove away only to see her running after me. She followed the truck almost half a mile to my next stop, and when I went up on the porch to deliver the package she went with me. When the customer opened the door, the pit bull went inside the house and jumped up on the couch!

Fortunately the customer was a "dog person" and knew the phone # of the owners, so she told me to go ahead and leave and she would call the owners and make sure the dog got home.

This is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met and I cannot imagine why anyone would want to get rid of her.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Quote:Why not leave it on the back of the car? That's what they all do here until backing up to the belt at night.
Originally Posted by Johney

If I leave it in back it takes up space on the shelf or rolls around on the floor, and I have to open the door to get to it when I hook the trailer up. Its a lot quicker and easier to get to it if the receptacle is bolted to the floor in the cab.

if left on a smaller car, it poses a tripping hazzard, as it fits over the top of the back bumper, unlike the 1000's, where it is under the bumper.

we had several drivers that would toss it into the back of the truck, but they would do a lot of damage to the shelves, side supports, and sides of the package car. it would also be one heavy projectile if you hit someone head on.

so the call was made to mount them either in the cab like sobers, or in the rear under or behind a shelf, in a mount just like his.

d

soberups

we had several drivers that would toss it into the back of the truck, but they would do a lot of damage to the shelves, side supports, and sides of the package car. it would also be one heavy projectile if you hit someone head on.
d

I can tell you from recent experience that dropping the $%&ing thing on your toe is no picnic either!:biting: