Pitt Bull attack

STFXG

A couple times by little guys. Once by a heeler. Nothing too bad. I did have a dog jump in the truck and pee on a box once...

Goldilocks

My husband has had numerous dog attacks, the most recent, a lady opened her door and the dog came flying out and tried to bite him, he hit the dog with his powerpad. The lady screamed,"dont hit my dog" well lady you better get this dog off of me.

I know of a courier who had problems with a big dog that would bite his tires and then tried to bite him. The dog is no longer living, the courier ran over him...

Did you know that if you get a dog bite, it is documented counseling?

vantexan

My husband has had numerous dog attacks, the most recent, a lady opened her door and the dog came flying out and tried to bite him, he hit the dog with his powerpad. The lady screamed,"dont hit my dog" well lady you better get this dog off of me.

I know of a courier who had problems with a big dog that would bite his tires and then tried to bite him. The dog is no longer living, the courier ran over him...

They're just checking to see if the courier bled purple and orange...

fedexandroid

Yup... When I was delivering when we had trackers and clipboards. I was taken down by a male pitt about 95Lbs. Kicked my butt bad but luckily homeowners insurance was avail. I sued and received 100k but if I had a choice I would take that day back and would have called in sick!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

It depends on the story you give, hint hint.

HuckToohey

You are entering a world of pain.
Anyone ever been bitten by a dog while delivering? I was chased by 2 pitt bulls and ran so fast, I thought I was going to die and the pkg was a sig required. Then the lady comes out of her trailer and speaks no english...Needless to say, she met me at my truck because I was furious. I refuse to stand there and take it from her dogs...:angry:

You are in no way obligated to enter property where dogs are present. If suspicious, honk the horn and whistle. Rattle the gate. If dogs are present, tag the gate and leave. Or if no gate or fence, don't get out of the truck and toss the door tag in the drive way. Make a note in the powerpad. Nothing worse than getting caught between the house and your truck. It's happened to me. Been bit three times. The dogs that lye-in-wait are the worse. Clobbered a few with my tracker, clipboard, powerpad in years past.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Crap, no counseling, thats whats wrong with me!!

Goldilocks

You are in no way obligated to enter property where dogs are present. If suspicious, honk the horn and whistle. Rattle the gate. If dogs are present, tag the gate and leave. Or if no gate or fence, don't get out of the truck and toss the door tag in the drive way. Make a note in the powerpad. Nothing worse than getting caught between the house and your truck. It's happened to me. Been bit three times. The dogs that lye-in-wait are the worse. Clobbered a few with my tracker, clipboard, powerpad in years past.

I hear ya, One time a note was left at a door to go around back and leave the pkg. Well, I did and she left her golden out in her yard and he attacked me, but I hit him with the clipboard in the nose and she comes out screaming at me that I hurt her dog. I just said, " Lady if you dont get this dog off of me I will call animal control and have it quarantined for 10 days. So its me or your dog or a law suit...back off and dont mess with this Puerto Rican...lol

DontThrowPackages

My Del area is above average income. I rarely see and Ghetto dogs(Pitbull/Rottweiler). I do remember this Sheppard in a gated yard barking as I came to the fence. I had a letter in my hand so I knew I could frisbee it without damage. So I did. Perfectly to the step of the door. With that, the dog ran to the door grabs the ltr in his mouth, laid down and began to chew it like a bone between its paws. I thought, better that LTR than my leg and took off.

HomeDelivery

... I had a letter in my hand so I knew I could frisbee it without damage. So I did. Perfectly to the step of the door. With that, the dog ran to the door grabs the ltr in his mouth, laid down and began to chew it like a bone between its paws. I thought, better that LTR than my leg and took off.

how ironic that you contradicted your username :surprised:

I would have weather-bagged it & put it by the mailbox/hung it on the gate portion of the chain fence. or just code it for another day & leave a doortag for them to sign

sometimes those letter packages have a check in them BUT the shipper was too cheap to add a signature service:money:

CJinx

I think that if you own a dog that has the potential of hurting anyone, you should be proactive when you know you'll be having people visit your property. Fedex, UPS, USPS, pizza delivery, oil delivery, emergency services... It doesn't matter what uniform you wear, nobody deserves to be bitten by a territorial canine. It is not very often that I see customer service mail warning us about aggressive dogs; but when I do, I personally deliver the note to the driver responsible for that area and call the customer to thank them for the notice.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you are ever bit by a dog and injured while delivering, best action is to take on legal advice immediately. I learned this the hard way and am/have been paying dearly.

vantexan

We should keep in mind not all pits are bad dogs. Most I run into are actually very friendly. Once went to a mobile home where people weren't home. An about 130lb male mutt, looked like a St.Bernard mix, came charging from under the house, teeth bared at me. Their pit ran in between us and used his head to butt the bigger dog until he finally gave up. Then the pit came over to me tail wagging. Never been so happy to see a pit bull in my life! Another time some people weren't home, but thought I heard something in the backyard. It was a pit on a huge chain, which was probably the reason he was the most muscular dog I've ever seen. He looked like a bodybuilder. As I approached he put his head down between his legs like a little puppy and wagged like crazy. I talked to him and scratched his ears, which he acted like it was the best thing that ever happened to him. It kills me to see good dogs chained up and alone.

vantexan

Pitbulls are always great dogs... Until they eat your child's face

And yet most live their lives out without ever doing such. The problem with pits is they have potential to do great damage quickly due to their jaw size and body strength. Whether they will or not depends on how they were raised. Turn one vicious, you get what you ask for.

Goldilocks

If you are ever bit by a dog and injured while delivering, best action is to take on legal advice immediately. I learned this the hard way and am/have been paying dearly.

I have a couple of Yorkies, that I show, and I live in a gated home, Baby gates for their protection and others coming to my door. If you are attacked while delive. you need to call your manager and then animal control, and they will quarantine the dog for ten days. This will teach the owner to keep their dogs in a safe place.