Pizza Lovers for Marriage Equality gofundme campaign

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Baba gounj, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

WASHINGTON – Supporters of two Hazel Park nurses fighting Michigan's same-sex marriage ban in the U.S. Supreme Court are using the example of a crowdfunding campaign on behalf of a pizzeria in Indiana criticized as anti-gay to raise funds for the effort.

"Pizza Lovers for Marriage Equality" is the name of the campaign launched by Lori Pimlott of Royal Oak in the hopes of raising $10,000 toward helping to defray the costs of the case brought by April DeBoer and Jayne Rowse against the state's 2004 same-sex marriage ban.

"Pizza Lovers for Marriage Equality" asks supporters to donate a minimum of $5 "or the average cost of a pizza," with all the proceeds going to the National Marriage Challenge, the nonprofit organization set up to help pay the costs of the DeBoer-Rowse case.

As of this morning, it had raised slightly more than $3,000 toward its goal.
  2. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Interesting .
    I started this thread to see how many people who scream for equality for same sex persons in other threads could show their support here .
    Yet no one left an comments .

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Interesting that you have nothing better to do on a Saturday.
  4. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

"I tried to troll but no one paid attention, so I'll bump my own thread and try again...."
  5. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Not bad I found two .
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List