Pkg car load retainers. Who makes their own?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TheDick, Oct 17, 2013.

1. TheDick

TheDick Member

In my bldg we sometimes "cube out" with heavy pick-ups and somedays tight tertris walls are PITA when you got 2 more hours of resi to del. I thought how bout if you cut a couple of 2x4's for the slots half-way into top-bottom shelves front sections. Put your walls upagainst these and maybe ur walls dont fall up against ur bulkhead with ensuing cussing/screaming.
    What do you guys do?

2. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I put my name on the feeder list and let them load any way they want.

3. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Not a bad idea. I thought up doing something like that from time to time. In the end I chose cussing and screaming until I grabbed a cake route with 15 pickup pieces.

4. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

I hit the brakes real hard so everything shifts forward. Or if I have a problem the other direction I hit the brakes in reverse. Both solve the problem without doing UPS favors by modifying their trucks.

5. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I like peanut butter cookies!!!!

6. TheDick

TheDick Member

I just love it when part-timers put there 2cents in. :grouphug:
    I'm looking to keep 2 of these guys on my shelves for the afternoon, slidem thru the slots upfront for the evening. No-mods.
    Side-note, I found some rubber-bands in a wherehouse from a pallet del. Makes a good return mech for those bulkheads with tired springs.
    ​Cheers

7. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

​I think part-timers just get to put in 1 cents worth.

8. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

I thought you were referring to the ladies who prefer doing it in the back of the package car. My bad.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013