PKG Car to Feeder bid ?????'s

177member

Why don't we have consistent seniority rules as Teamsters? Reading this post makes me sick. Locals shouldn't be allowed to do this individually. There is too much room for abuse. My local has no respect for member’s seniority because of it

705red

Browncafe Steward
Why don't we have consistent seniority rules as Teamsters? Reading this post makes me sick. Locals shouldn't be allowed to do this individually. There is too much room for abuse. My local has no respect for member’s seniority because of it
We have no respect for unregistered users! Register or go away!

reydluap

How about you whip out your trusty contract and in the rider under the section feeder driver tell us what it says. It's funny how many people go bitchen up a storm to the union without even looking at the contract first. READ YOUR CONTRACT.

Beleive me. I have read the contract!! I have talk to my Center Manager, Union Stewart, and my local BA. I'M NOT "bitchen", I'm asking for some help on ideas and help.

We ALL know that UPS twist this contract every way they can to favor THEM.

My contract book states: Section 14- Tractor-Trailer School

Employees interested in driving school should notify Employer. "Such employees in seniority order will be permitted to attend, on their own time,the Employers training program which my be established from time to time as the need occurs." They furnish equipment/instructors. To qualify,employee must have a year of safe driving (I DO).
"New tractor-trailer openings or vacancies will be filled from the list of qualified employees in their Company seniority order...."

But, I can't get the Center Manager to let me go to UPS Feeder School to be qualified. I feel like I'm being descriminated against. I'm being denied the right to progress in my driving career. To bid the inside fill in job, it's an inside paying job (unless he is driving feeder runs) and the job pays $30000 less a year than a pkg car driver. Why would I want to go down in pay?? The feeder run pays $30000 More than a Pkg Car driver.

diesel96

Beleive me. I have read the contract!! I have talk to my Center Manager, Union Stewart, and my local BA. I'M NOT "bitchen", I'm asking for some help on ideas and help.

We ALL know that UPS twist this contract every way they can to favor THEM.

My contract book states: Section 14- Tractor-Trailer School

Employees interested in driving school should notify Employer.Correct,however you should contact human resources,there the ones who posts job openings in our bldg(not the Center Manager) "Such employees in seniority order will be permitted to attend, on their own time,the Employers training program which my be established from time to time as the need occurs." They furnish equipment/instructors. To qualify,employee must have a year of safe driving (I DO).
"New tractor-trailer openings or vacancies will be filled from the list of qualified employees in their Company seniority order...."

But, I can't get the Center Manager to let me go to UPS Feeder School to be qualified. I feel like I'm being descriminated against. I'm being denied the right to progress in my driving career. Human Resources needs a legitimate reason to exclude you,your Center Mgr doesn't need to even be involved until he's contacted from HR that you won the bid.Then center manager can dispute it.To bid the inside fill in job, it's an inside paying job (unless he is driving feeder runs) and the job pays $30000 less a year than a pkg car driver. Why would I want to go down in pay?? The feeder run pays $30000 More than a Pkg Car driver.
Inside fill job?Our equivilant maybe an extra feeder cover driver,and when there's no feeder work they revert back to their pkg route.They make almost as much money as a feeder driver(depending on O/T)

reydluap

diesel96. Go back and read my first post. I described the cover drivers job.

Thank you for the idea. Human resources. Our CTR MGR thinks he is a God and rights the law in our Center.