Pkg.Driver Killed in Auburn, In.

Johney

65 mph wind gusts are some serious stuff. I know I have shut down delivering and held tight to some weather a little less(although very scary) than that. No cardboard is worth my life period. RIP my friend we all will miss you whether we knew you or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

iamupser

Grease Monkey
courtesy legacy.com
0000927514_01_08112011_1.jpg
TODD STEPHEN ALBER, 45, died on Aug. 9, 2011, when a tree branch fell on the UPS truck he was driving. He was born on Aug. 21, 1965, in Rochester, Ind. He graduated with a bachelor's degree with distinction from Indiana University Fort Wayne in the fall of 1993. He received many honors including Public & Environmental Affairs Outstanding Undergraduate and Scholarship Recipient, SPEA and membership in the National Honor Society for Public Affairs and Administration, Indiana University Chapter, Pi Alpha Alpha. He worked for UPS for 27 years, the last 16 years as a Driver working out of the Waterloo Center. His hobbies included fishing, golfing, nature, and football. He was an avid Pittsburgh Steelers fan. He also enjoyed spending time with his beloved Labrador Retriever, Kippy. He was planning a fishing trip to Minnesota beginning August 12, 2011, but a severe storm took his life. "If there are lakes in Heaven, we're sure this time that he'll actually catch some fish." He is survived by his loving parents, Phillip Stephen Alber and Marilyn Diane (Lough) Alber of Fort Wayne; a devoted sister, Amy of Fort Wayne; an adored niece, Kayla of Fort Wayne; his grandmother, Orpha H. Lough of Rochester, Ind.; and many dear aunts, uncles, and cousins. He was preceeded in death by his paternal grandfather, Greshem friend. Lough; and paternal grandparents, Norvannah and Marie Alber. Service is 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 13, 2011 at D.O. McComb & Son's Pine Valley Funeral Home, 1320 E. Dupont Road, with calling one hour prior. Calling also from 2 to 5 and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 12, 2011 at the funeral home. Burial in Riverview Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to S.P.C.A. or the National Kidney Foundation. To sign the online guestbook, please visit www.mccombandsons.com

Re-Raise

Thanks for posting iamupser. What a tragedy. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Treat every day as a gift, because you never know what can happen.

CRASH501

what a tragedy, thoughts and prayers to his family and friends! Maybe if our trucks werent constructed of fiberglass and plastic there might have been a little chance of survival, Im probably reaching here but a steel framed roof just might have held up better. No guarantee's but just a thought. I have seen what a large rock thrown from a rooftop onto the roof of a p1200 can do at 4 stories.......cant imagine this.