Planned Parenthood

BrownArmy

I would rather they use a condom to prevent any of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too. Romney and Ryan disagree...PP agrees with you.

Abortion is a TERRIBLE form of birth control.

As well, my mother is a nurse and spent some years in OB-GYN.

She related to me that in abortion procedures, there isn't a single person involved that's 'happy' about the situation.

Not the doctors, not the nurses, not the woman, (obviously) not the baby.

Moreluck, the conversation is a bit more nuanced than you would like to believe.

moreluck

golden ticket member
What nuance is it when a corporation takes money from the gov't when they are perfectly able to support themselves.

Same as welfare frauds!! If they believe so much in their mission, why do they need subsidy?

I feel the same about PBS. With all the success of the Sesame Street and the successful fund drives, why do they need taxpayer money?
Nuance, scmuance......It's time to kick the 'kids' out!!

BrownArmy

What nuance is it when a corporation takes money from the gov't when they are perfectly able to support themselves.

Same as welfare frauds!! If they believe so much in their mission, why do they need subsidy?

I agree! Let's cut corporate welfare for the Oil companies, Wall St. etc...

It's a boondoggle, no doubt.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Obama administration will never let this stand.
(Reuters) – A federal appeals court declined on Thursday to reconsider a ruling that would allow Texas to withhold funding for women’s healthcare from Planned Parenthood’s clinics because the organization also performs abortions.
Texas Governor Rick Perry said after the order by the Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in New Orleans that the state would immediately stop paying program participants that are affiliates of abortion providers.
“Today’s ruling affirms yet again that in Texas the Women’s Health Program has no obligation to fund Planned Parenthood and other organizations that perform or promote abortion,” the Republican governor said in a statement. “In Texas we choose life, and we will immediately begin defunding all abortion affiliates to honor and uphold that choice.”
A three-judge panel of the appeals court ruled in August that Texas may exclude groups affiliated with abortion providers from the Women’s Health Program, which provides cancer screenings, birth control and other health services to more than 100,000 low-income Texas women.

In a filing with the court in September, Planned Parenthood asked the full court to rehear the matter, saying the rule violates its First Amendment rights to speech and association.

Planned Parenthood said on Thursday that further consideration by the full court was needed to protect women’s access to preventive health care like breast and cervical cancer screenings and birth control.

moreluck

golden ticket member
wa2eza.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
They give out awards for being a talentless loser who’s too cheap to pay for $10-month birth control?

Via LifeNews:

It’s been quite some time since we’ve had the chance to protest an appearance of Cecile “I work hard for my salary” Richards in our hometown of Chicago.

But next week, we’re going to do just that when the nation’s biggest abortion chain hosts its swanky Generations Gala at Chicago’s Navy Pier. Richards will be on hand as a “special guest,” as will Contraception Cheerleader-in-Chief Sandra Fluke.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Via Washington Times:
President Obama has canceled plans to deliver a keynote address at Planned Parenthood’s annual fundraising dinner Thursday night after critics decried his high-profile role at the abortion rights group amid new concerns about the brutality of illegal forms of abortion.

White House spokesman Jay Carney announced the decision to cancel the keynote speech at the gala during his daily press briefing with reporters Wednesday. He attributed the schedule change to Mr. Obama’s desire to spend more time at a memorial service in Waco, Texas, for family members of the victims of the fertilizer plant explosion.

Mr. Carney said the president will still address Planned Parenthood and its supporters Friday morning. Still, the shift to a lower-profile address at a more low-key morning event, rather than an evening gala fundraiser, is significant.

Earlier this week, abortion opponents pressed Mr. Obama to rescind his agreement to speak at the Planned Parenthood fundraiser, considering the gruesome revelations emanating from the trial of Philadelphia abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell

moreluck

golden ticket member
The horror! A time when babies weren’t slaughtered wholesale.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says there’s an effort in states across the country to turn back the clock on abortion to the 1950s.

He says at a gala for Planned Parenthood that when politicians turn the abortion-rights group into a punching bag, they’re really telling women they’re on their own.

He says as long as women have to fight for abortion rights in the U.S., he’ll be at their side.

Planned Parenthood says Obama is the first sitting president to address the group in person.

moreluck

golden ticket member
What screening at Planned Parenthood was the president referring to in his speech?? A screning that can catch a woman's cancer and save her life.

There are no mammagrams povided at Planned parenthood bldgs. so it couldn't be breast cancer he was referring to.

wkmac

Why do GOP voters rant about Obama and Planned Parenthood and yet never as much as uttered a peep when a GOP controlled Congress and even WH voted/signed into law for funding to continue Planned Parenthood?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why do GOP voters rant about Obama and Planned Parenthood and yet never as much as uttered a peep when a GOP controlled Congress and even WH voted/signed into law for funding to continue Planned Parenthood?
For me, I didn't know the income they made from abortions......was unaware way back when. Same with PBS too. When I realized the taxpayer money going to these (could be) self funded places, then I was ranting.

There's no need to send money to places capable of supporting themselves......just a larger version of the fraud that also goes on in the single welfare recipients.

Just because it has gone on, does not mean it needs to continue. Someone needs to stop the flow of money we don't have. Obama wll never "stand up"....he just goes with the flow and wants more money to throw.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Malia was born in '98....so she is the 15 yr.old that can go into a drug store, without her parent's permission, and buy the morning after pill. I'm still thinking that because her dad is OK with this pill that he gives his blessing on premarital sex to his teenage daughter.
I can hear the ...."but daddy...." now !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've been hearing that clip where Obama says that Planned Parenthood is the place for your sceening mammograms.

I want him to drive Mooch to all the Planned Parethood buildings and wait for a mammogram.

At least he'd be away from the white house and no causing trouble. and he would never return because Planned Parenthood buildings DO NOT have mammography equipment. He lies every time he mentions that crap.

You can refer yourself to anywhere they do mammgrams................save the step. Save the time.