Planned Parenthood

newfie

Believe that video is heavily edited. Would hold my judgement until I could see the whole thing.

that's the best argument the liberal left could come up with. Did the editing of the video include putting words in the PP presidents mouth? Perhaps the undercover operatives were holding a gun to the head of planned parenthood to make them negotiate the sale of tiny infant organs. Sorry my friend this is where I call bull:censored2: and you have to down the whole beer.

newfie

It's not illegal. The money is for the cost to obtain and transport the tissue. It is a highly regulated segment of the medical industry.

I'm against both, because I'm not a hypocrite like you.
Fact is though it's legal.... to take a line from people like you, if you don't like America, you can get out.

the sale of those organs is very much illegal and why this is a big deal.

newfie

I guess you didn't pay attention. Aren't the rectum and vagina kind of in close proximity? And can't certain fluids sometimes go where you didn't intend them to? Glad you're an expert on that anal sex.

You know, that's where lawyers and Klansmen come from.

luckily fdx drivers don't need fluid to be produced from the same region, this argument is getting more and more bizarre by the minute.

O

OLDMAN3

So if an innocent child who has left the vaginal canal is killed and then the organs are used for research or donation, is it a horror or not?
It is always a horror when an innocent child is killed.
The horror is then compounded by the innocent child being dissected.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
the sale of those organs is very much illegal and why this is a big deal.
That's the problem with these videos, they mislead people.
Money is exchanged when it comes to organ and tissue donation, both fetal and otherwise. It is a highly regulated industry, and yes, it is completely legal. They post a law at the beginning of the video completely out of context and people eat it up.

newfie

Some prolife groups argue that the birth control pill is a chemical abortion.

"Birth Control" Pills cause early Abortions

this thread has turned into a general debate on abortion. the planned parenthood debate already acknowledges that abortion is legal and raises the point the sale of baby parts is what is illegal as well as morally wrong. Once the planned parenthood representative starts profiting from the sale of baby parts happens then any guidance given by PP becomes suspect.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It is always a horror when an innocent child is killed.
The horror is then compounded by the innocent child being dissected.
So if a baby is killed, by say a drunk driver for example, and the parents choose to have the child dissected for organ donation.... you would be just as horrified?
Fetal tissue donation isn't the issue, it's the fact that the child was aborted in the first place.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

newfie

That's the problem with these videos, they mislead people.
Money is exchanged when it comes to organ and tissue donation, both fetal and otherwise. It is a highly regulated industry, and yes, it is completely legal. They post a law at the beginning of the video completely out of context and people eat it up.

You need a little more research . smoke and mirrors wont change the point that the sale of these baby parts is 100 percent illegal.

newfie

So if a baby is killed, by say a drunk driver for example, and the parents choose to have the child dissected for organ donation.... you would be just as horrified?
Fetal tissue donation isn't the issue, it's the fact that the child was aborted in the first place.

you really need to do your home work. Abortion is legal that point was conceded. the fear that PP is profiting from abortions and therefore steering people to have them to increase profits is not only the fear but via the words of those who work at PP a very distinct possibility .

O

OLDMAN3

Ad Hominem

Confirmation Bias

Yes, I refuted your source (Lifenews.com) because they are clearly not critical in their 'due diligence' in terms of journalism.

But then again, it's not a proper news source, is it? It's a website with an agenda, just like Daleiden is a shyster with an agenda.

Are you asking me to refute Daleiden's mischaracterizations and lies?

I already posted links to 2 more sources, CNN and The Washington Times so your point is mute, unless you also consider them not proper news sources?

Quibbling about sources is a straw man argument.

Did you watch the 4th video?
- If not, why do you feel qualified to comment on it's veracity?
- If so, did you find the dissection of the boy disturbing?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You need a little more research . smoke and mirrors wont change the point that the sale of these baby parts is 100 percent illegal.
The medical industry is an ugly thing isn't it?
No one complains when it saves a life, but the nitty gritty can be quite disturbing.
The sale of any body part is 100% illegal, except when it's not. Maybe the laws need rewriting, will you petition your elected leaders to do so... or will you just rant about abortion being immoral on this website?

newfie

If you try a little harder to follow the conversation, you'll notice I never said he used aborted fetuses.

It was a direct question to which you responded directly. As such you did in fact provide me Dr. Salk as proof that baby parts have been used for the betterment of society.

BrownArmy

I already posted links to 2 more sources, CNN and The Washington Times so your point is mute, unless you also consider them not proper news sources?

Quibbling about sources is a straw man argument.

Did you watch the 4th video?
- If not, why do you feel qualified to comment on it's veracity?
- If so, did you find the dissection of the boy disturbing?

My guess is that you and I are more in agreement than you would think.

Aside from the fact that you've not addressed my concerns about the veracity of your 'source', we're simply at cross-purposes here.

Let me tell you, I would love to see the day where abortions, as a medical procedure, were restricted to medically necessary situations, or situations of rape, etc.

I'm not pro-abortion, and my guess is not many people are.

I am, however, pro-choice, which is an unfortunate compromise in a world where our 'government' will restrict basic health-care access to its citizens, restrict sex-education in schools in certain states (abstinence only? please...), etc., on an on.

That's the world we live in, and I'll take the pragmatic over the idealistic any day.

And that brings us right back to PP...abortion isn't what they generally do...mostly they are a resource for women in terms of contraception, cancer screening, HIV testing and counseling, and, yes abortions.

Abortions are 3% of what PP does.

Shut PP down, you'll see MORE ABORTIONS.

This whole 'Fetal Tissue' debate?

Smoke and Mirrors.

Shall we also shut down all the Universities and Hospitals which do the exact same thing?

Why single out PP?

POLITICS.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The cluster of cells is not being sold by planned parenthood. ITs late third trimester formed bodies that are having the organs sold. Planned parenthood provides counseling to many women who for whatever reason have become pregnant. the obvious concern here would be that The folks providing the guidance would possibly steer customers to an abortion if they are then profiting from the sale of those body parts.
That's like a butcher counciling a cow on what that cow wants to do with the rest of her life.

I am pretty sure that cow will end its life under those circumstances.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have not attacked you, and will not. I think it is great that you have adopted.
Although I don't feel the need to justify myself, I will answer.
I house, clothe and feed more than 5 children (I also don't want UPS to catch on).
My family and I also volunteer on an ongoing basis for a group that houses, feeds and shelters unwed mothers and their children. We also provide free childcare for the mothers so they can find work. We also help to find affordable housing for the families. We also donate time and resources to an organization that provides necessities (clothing, diapers, formula etc.) for underprivileged mothers. In addition we have supported, for decades, an orphanage in India that cares for outcast orphans.

My answering your question is not to build myself up. But rather, I want you to know my involvement in supporting underprivileged mothers is not at all uncommon for pro-life people that I have known. Pro-life advocates are often painted as unwilling to care for the mothers or their children. I believe this to be the opposite of reality.

Good on you. I think you are someone I could actually have an intelligent discussion with. Unlike a lot of anti-abortion folks, you actually do something to make the situation better. I see lots of elaborate white crosses in "graveyards", people standing in front of clinics with horrific pictures, and hear about ministers railing against abortion and holding prayer vigils. This is all fine, and expression of anger against abortion, but it really doesn't accomplish anything regarding the roots of the problem.

I usually don't see anti-abortion people having your level of commitment to solving the problem. They aren't willing to adopt, support an orphanage, or go along with social programs that would help solve some of the underlying causes of why women choose to abort.

Sometimes, Liberals and Conservatives aren't as far apart as some might think. The idea of ending a child's life is disgusting to me, but if someone has no viable alternative, the potential child's life is over. I know a lot of Liberals who feel the same way. Abortion is an escape route when there aren't good alternatives available.

I am extremely grateful that my child and/or adopted children weren't aborted either, but, they were adopted, are loved, and will have a future. There needs to be a safety net for currently unwanted children. At that point, the need for abortions won't exist.

Given the current political climate, I don't see that happening, and that is a shame.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My guess is that you and I are more in agreement than you would think.

Aside from the fact that you've not addressed my concerns about the veracity of your 'source', we're simply at cross-purposes here.

Let me tell you, I would love to see the day where abortions, as a medical procedure, were restricted to medically necessary situations, or situations of rape, etc.

I'm not pro-abortion, and my guess is not many people are.

I am, however, pro-choice, which is an unfortunate compromise in a world where our 'government' will restrict basic health-care access to its citizens, restrict sex-education in schools in certain states (abstinence only? please...), etc., on an on.

That's the world we live in, and I'll take the pragmatic over the idealistic any day.

And that brings us right back to PP...abortion isn't what they generally do...mostly they are a resource for women in terms of contraception, cancer screening, HIV testing and counseling, and, yes abortions.

Abortions are 3% of what PP does.

Shut PP down, you'll see MORE ABORTIONS.

This whole 'Fetal Tissue' debate?

Smoke and Mirrors.

Shall we also shut down all the Universities and Hospitals which do the exact same thing?

Why single out PP?

POLITICS.

Ban condoms and The Pill too! All form of birth control should be illegal!