Planned Parenthood

Overpaid Union Thug

Legally, abortion isn't murder. That means our society must accept the law or change it. I don't see it changing. Do I like abortion? No. I also do not want to live in a theocracy where a religious order tells the rest of us to accept their beliefs.

Abortion is legal, and this is an excellent example of why we have a separation of church and state.
Maybe the state needs a healthy dose of the church once in a while. But to do so would make it hard to call abortion what it really is. Murder. And that is the real reason why many, if not most, people avoid religion. It's just easier for them to live a shameless life when there isn't a set of rules to live by that messes with their conscious. If anything the abortion issue is the perfect example why there should be at least some religious influence in our laws. But at this point I'd be happy with people that at least have a conscious and a desire to protect babies.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

Then Christians need to actually do something other than try and change Roe v. Wade if life is sacred. Why do you think that your religious ideas can be imposed on everyone else in our society? I respect your beliefs, but this is a secular issue for the majority of citizens, not a religious one. The law won't be changing, so you need to find another way to save those lives. I find it highly ironic that the conservatives who "value life" so highly are so willing to flatten other countries or threaten war.
I find it highly ironic that liberals are the ones that chastise our military (calling them baby killers) and government for the collateral loss of civilian life but are OK with the purposeful and extremely gruesome act of abortion.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I find it highly ironic that liberals are the ones that chastise our military (calling them baby killers) and government for the collateral loss of civilian life but are OK with the purposeful and extremely gruesome act of abortion.

Iran is a theocracy. Perhaps you'd be happier there. Our military operations have killed hundreds of thousands of innocents in places like Vietnam and the Middle East, and the Right was OK with it as far as I can see.

It's OK to protect them until they're born, but then it's open season.

You sir, are an idiot.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe the state needs a healthy dose of the church once in a while. But to do so would make it hard to call abortion what it really is. Murder. And that is the real reason why many, if not most, people avoid religion. It's just easier for them to live a shameless life when there isn't a set of rules to live by that messes with their conscious. If anything the abortion issue is the perfect example why there should be at least some religious influence in our laws. But at this point I'd be happy with people that at least have a conscious and a desire to protect babies.

To you it's murder, and that's fine. But to others, and legally, it is not. So until the US becomes a Christian theocracy, it will stay legal.

I'm not religious, but I choose to follow the Ten Commandments because they synch well with the way I want to live my life. Christianity has some great ideas and principles, but unfortunately it's mostly a case of "Jesus, please protect me from your followers".

There is no place for religion in our government except to allow you the freedom of religion and freedom from it if you so choose.

In other words, you are free to be Christian, but you aren't free to impose it on everyone else. That would be like radical Islam and their desire to impose Shariah Law. Worship however and whomever you please, but do not tell me or anyone else what to do.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

To you it's murder, and that's fine. But to others, and legally, it is not. So until the US becomes a Christian theocracy, it will stay legal.

I'm not religious, but I choose to follow the Ten Commandments because they synch well with the way I want to live my life. Christianity has some great ideas and principles, but unfortunately it's mostly a case of "Jesus, please protect me from your followers".

There is no place for religion in our government except to allow you the freedom of religion and freedom from it if you so choose.

In other words, you are free to be Christian, but you aren't free to impose it on everyone else. That would be like radical Islam and their desire to impose Shariah Law. Worship however and whomever you please, but do not tell me or anyone else what to do.

So, you choose to follow the Ten Commandments and support the intentional, selfish, wholesale slaughter of human babies? That makes about as much sense as a nun choosing to take a part time job as a prostitute in Las Vegas. Hey....but prostitution is legal there right? LOL.

Please think before posting. Unless you've made a hobby of making a fool of yourself.

Overpaid Union Thug

Iran is a theocracy. Perhaps you'd be happier there. Our military operations have killed hundreds of thousands of innocents in places like Vietnam and the Middle East, and the Right was OK with it as far as I can see.

It's OK to protect them until they're born, but then it's open season.

You sir, are an idiot.

But they aren't being protected until they are born! So it's already open season on them!! LOL. Again...... THINK BEFORE YOU POST! LOL.

Man you are a riot.

Last edited:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
[QUOTE="Overpaid Union Thug, post: 1767535, member: 198"]Maybe the state needs a healthy dose of the church once in a while. But to do so would make it hard to call abortion what it really is. Murder. And that is the real reason why many, if not most, people avoid religion. It's just easier for them to live a shameless life when there isn't a set of rules to live by that messes with their conscious. If anything the abortion issue is the perfect example why there should be at least some religious influence in our laws. But at this point I'd be happy with people that at least have a conscious and a desire to protect babies.[/QUOTE]
I would venture a guess that the majority of wars throughout history have been fought over religious differences.

Overpaid Union Thug

[QUOTE="Overpaid Union Thug, post: 1767535, member: 198"]Maybe the state needs a healthy dose of the church once in a while. But to do so would make it hard to call abortion what it really is. Murder. And that is the real reason why many, if not most, people avoid religion. It's just easier for them to live a shameless life when there isn't a set of rules to live by that messes with their conscious. If anything the abortion issue is the perfect example why there should be at least some religious influence in our laws. But at this point I'd be happy with people that at least have a conscious and a desire to protect babies.
I would venture a guess that the majority of wars throughout history have been fought over religious differences.[/QUOTE]
There's been few. Some erroneously.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So, you choose to follow the Ten Commandments and support the intentional, selfish, wholesale slaughter of human babies? That makes about as much sense as a nun choosing to take a part time job as a prostitute in Las Vegas. Hey....but prostitution is legal there right? LOL.

Please think before posting. Unless you've made a hobby of making a fool of yourself.

Your have defined abortion as you see it. Most people, and the legal system, have a different view. I'm sorry your nuns have gone over to the dark side.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I would venture a guess that the majority of wars throughout history have been fought over religious differences.
There's been few. Some erroneously.[/QUOTE]

BS. Look at the Middle East right now. It's all about religion. How about those Protestants and Catholics or Hitler and the Jews? Nah, religion has nothing to do with wars. Ever hear of The Crusades?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But they aren't being protected until they are born! So it's already open season on them!! LOL. Again...... THINK BEFORE YOU POST! LOL.

Man you are a riot.

More word twisting? I think it's crystal clear form my past posts that the evidence points to folks like you being pro-birth, not pro-life. You'll bend over backwards to make sure the baby is born, but once it's out of the chute, you don't care.

In fact, you and your political representatives will vote to kill any legislation that would aid a born child.

Pure hypocrisy.

Overpaid Union Thug

Your have defined abortion as you see it. Most people, and the legal system, have a different view. I'm sorry your nuns have gone over to the dark side.
Murder.
There's been few. Some erroneously.

BS. Look at the Middle East right now. It's all about religion. How about those Protestants and Catholics or Hitler and the Jews? Nah, religion has nothing to do with wars. Ever hear of The Crusades?
Hence the word "erroneous. "

No, it means you are allowed legally to choose whether or not to have an abortion. Like I said, if you don't believe in abortion, DON'T HAVE ONE!!

You would prefer it be outlawed, which would be NO CHOICE.
Murder.

More word twisting? I think it's crystal clear form my past posts that the evidence points to folks like you being pro-birth, not pro-life. You'll bend over backwards to make sure the baby is born, but once it's out of the chute, you don't care.

In fact, you and your political representatives will vote to kill any legislation that would aid a born child.

Pure hypocrisy.
Murder.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Murder.

Hence the word "erroneous. "

Murder.

Murder.

God, what a tool. You said "few", I would say "many", as in most. Your definition of murder is religious/philosophical, and not legal. Sorry, but Roe V. Wade isn't going anywhere, especially when the Supreme Court moves away from the 5/4 split in favor of conservatives.

Overpaid Union Thug

God, what a tool. You said "few", I would say "many", as in most. Your definition of murder is religious/philosophical, and not legal. Sorry, but Roe V. Wade isn't going anywhere, especially when the Supreme Court moves away from the 5/4 split in favor of conservatives.
YAAAAY! THAT means your "open season" on babies will continue forever!

That is definitely something to brag about.

Said NO intelligent person EVER.

Last edited:

BrownArmy

How far down the rabbit-hole is everyone willing to go?

Shall we get into the 'meat is murder' discussion?

Eggs, chicken, beef, pork, etc...lots of death.

So much death!

;)