Planned routes

Re-Raise

'
They can force you off of your route?
If my route is cut, they say I can follow any of my work and bump a lower seniority driver.

I said why can't the lower seniority guy run the combined route?

They said he isn't scheduled to work.

I guess I could just call in sick because we literally have NO attendance policy, but I don't like to be dishonest.

The problem is I am going from 0 to 100 coming back from not being able to walk 3 weeks ago and now I have to run a 10 hr load on a route that isn't even mine.

My house is paid for, my kid's college has been paid for and I have plenty of money in the bank. I would be more than happy to let the 28 year old new driver still living with his parents work a couple of days a week until I at least get back into work shape.

Last edited:

Re-Raise

Actually they don't say "I can follow my work" they say "I have to follow my work" because seniority gives me the right to work not the right not to work.

Is it the same in your centers?

oldngray

nowhere special
Actually they don't say "I can follow my work" they say "I have to follow my work" because seniority gives me the right to work not the right not to work.

Is it the same in your centers?

You have the right to work. Not the right to not work. If there are extra people they can ask from the top if people want the day off though.

Re-Raise

You have the right to work. Not the right to not work. If there are extra people they can ask from the top if people want the day off though.
We never have extra people because they always schedule fewer routes than we run and call them in if they supposedly add routes.

An extra couple of hundred means nothing to me, but it would to some of these guys who only work a couple of days a week

Re-Raise

The two or three years I was senior driver, they basically asked me to tell them when I wanted off and not to worry after.
Our new guys are pretty bad. They don't know very many routes and our sups don't want to train them.

I know I could just start calling in sick and my wife wants me to because of the swelling in my foot I had surgery on, but I just hate being dishonest about it.

Why do I have to bump the guy off his route when my country bid route is cut?

ManInBrown

How does your center handle the cutting of routes each week? Does the schedule for the week ever accurately predict the number of routes each day? What do the extra drivers do? Do they show up and see if any driver wants to go home or do the lowest seniority drivers just stay home?
What do you mean schedule? Drivers start at 8:40. There is no schedule.

Re-Raise

What do you mean schedule? Drivers start at 8:40. There is no schedule.
They post a schedule for the week with the number routes each day and who is running each route each day.

It includes who is off for 8hr or 10 hr optional days too.

They don't post a schedule at your center?

Re-Raise

They let the senior drivers here take unpaid days off. Some guys here only work 2 days a week. They cut route almost every day, us lower seniority guys work every day.
So do you show up and see who wants to go home or do you sit at home and call in to see if you are scheduled to work that day?

upschuck

Here, the is a start time list, and uf to come in, and on call, you run the risk of not working, mist of the time, they'll know the previous evening. Also, if your route is cut, you have option to go home, or run an available route.

By The Book

Our new guys are pretty bad. They don't know very many routes and our sups don't want to train them.

I know I could just start calling in sick and my wife wants me to because of the swelling in my foot I had surgery on, but I just hate being dishonest about it.

Why do I have to bump the guy off his route when my country bid route is cut?
If you need the time to heal go to your doctor and get a note. If you were hurt at work go to their doctor and get a note.