Planning on Moving

over9five

Staff member
Uh oh.

Just got handed the existing deed for this property, along with a 1982 letter from some lawyer. The letter says the deed is wrong because the street side of the property is 15' longer than the deed says. It also says a corrective deed was mailed, but never recorded.
So nobody fixed this 30 years ago....

Tell me this isn't going to take time and money.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Uh oh.

Just got handed the existing deed for this property, along with a 1982 letter from some lawyer. The letter says the deed is wrong because the street side of the property is 15' longer than the deed says. It also says a corrective deed was mailed, but never recorded.
So nobody fixed this 30 years ago....

Tell me this isn't going to take time and money.
​NAH, it won't take time and money to fix.:bigsmile2:

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
Should have been more clear. The lawyer sent me a letter asking if I wanted this, with a (too) short explanation. My best guess is that it keeps your house from being grabbed by anyone who wants to sue me?

Closing Friday, we hope....

over9five

Staff member
So my attorney calls me yesterday while on my way to work and gives me the final amount needed for the closing. No problem, closing's at 10, I'll get to the bank right when they open at 9.

Get to the bank, give teller amount for the cashiers check.
"Oh I'm sorry. There's no-one here to approve that large a cashiers check"
"I'm closing in 45 minutes"
"Can you go to the Pelham branch?"
"I'm closing IN 45 MINUTES"

Smoke was surely coming out of my ears by then. They don't want to give me my own money.

So they called the manager who was in some meeting at another location. And he was able to authorize it.

All closed, thank goodness it's ovah.